lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2021, 01:51 PM   #1
sirchadwick1
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ-Go 2016 Terrain 1000 speed, high pitch noise, and tire questions

New here, I've searched high and low for answers on the Googs, but am not having much luck. It doesn't seem like there are a lot of owners of these Terrain 1000s. I just bought a used 2016 model and have a few questions I'm hoping you guys can chime in on (since I'm admittedly a noob around here).

1) What should be the top speed of one of these 2016 EZ-Go 72v Terrain 1000 vehicles. Right now I'm getting about 14 mph before the governor kicks in. Feels like I should be getting better speeds. The owners manual even mentions something along the lines of 50mph top speed (which seems really high, but I figured at least 20). Is there a way to turn of the governor to test this? It does not have a tow mode switch.

2) I hear a high pitch whine from the back end whenever I floor the pedal (up or downhill), but it is inconsistent as it doesn't occur every time. It is quite annoying though. Any ideas on what I should check here? Motor, controller, etc.

3) I have one front tire that looks to be positive on the camber, but have read that these EZ goes don't allow camber adjustments. These are fairly new tires, as the previous owner switched from all terrain to street tires on it. Can that cause issues with the speed/controller? Can this be adjusted?

This is a great looking cart and I want to troubleshoot what I can before taking it in, since the original owner is now saying my questions are above his pay grade. Any advice is appreciated!
sirchadwick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2021, 06:27 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: EZ-Go 2016 Terrain 1000 speed, high pitch noise, and tire questions

Not sure what the top speed is set to in the controller software but I believe with an OEM level handheld it can be turned up to 20. Someone with a higher level can get more than that. High pitch could be the input shaft or ring gear but I would definitely check the oil level in the differential. As for camber, something might be bent.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 07:27 AM   #3
sirchadwick1
Not Yet Wild

~kgsc

I have an electric here, so I'm not sure it even has a governor. Just noticed top speed I'm getting is actually 14mph. 19-20 would be perfect for what I need, if I could get it there.

I'll check on the other recommendations.
sirchadwick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 07:56 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

No mechanical governor. It is built in the software. A handheld would tell more about what you have and what settings you can change. Model number of the controller would help but pretty sure it is an AC drive system.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO