lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2012, 12:48 PM   #21
WillyBoard
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Shuttle 6

Hi Chris... did I just adopt the Shuttle 6 your referring to? I haven't driven more then a few minutes yet.. so wondered if this is it, is there something I need to be prepared for before taking to the Cabin at Seneca Lake?

Any information would be appriciated... don't mind fixing it... just need to know there's a problem.

Tim
WillyBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2012, 11:22 PM   #22
Stretch660
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Hey Tim,

It is. The problem I posted in 2009 was what I was told when I got the cart. It was never anything I witnessed myself. When I picked it up it drove fine (same as when you stopped by) and I could never make the issue I was told about happen. As I told you I had never taken it out of the neighborhood and the kids really only drove it around in the yard. So I don't if it's an issue or not. My plan was always to swap the engine as I told you.

That's really all I know.

I will tell you that this is a great website and has a lot of great and helpful people with some outstanding carts.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

Chris
Stretch660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:42 AM   #23
WillyBoard
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

So far it seems to be fine... I'm going to dig deeper into the issue of the govenor... but I really like the cart, in fact it goes on the lift tomorrow to get the 6" spindle lift installed thanks to Buggies Unlimited and my friend Jim working at the garage.

Thanks again for the purchase... and I'll let you know if ever I find what ever was going on.

Thanks again!
Old 08-01-2012, 06:35 AM   #24
Stretch660
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Thanks Tim.

As I said this site is a great research tool with lots of great ideas.

Best of luck to you.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:15 AM   #25
WillyBoard
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I've gotten a pretty good start... here’s what I’ve done so far… 6" lift, 12" chrome plated Tsunami allow wheels, new Honda Rubicon tires, turn signal upgrade, 2" rear wheel spacers, 6 seat-seat belts, upgraded the electronics to automotive type fuses, reworked the governor, installing EZGO roof struts tonight and installing a full length roof, and wipers and interior dome lights, amber emergency flashers and soon to upgrade paint to a Tuslaw Blue with my HAWK Trucking Logo... coming out pretty nice.

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn235/WillyBoard/
Old 08-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #26
WillyBoard
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I think we found the mystery problem it was having when it got hot... the bacelite (sp?) board the fuses were mounted to, was delaminating and allowed the copper to corrode and the circuts would actually open. eplaced all the terminals and fuse board with one that uses automotive style fuses and will eventually switch to breakers.

Did some modifications to the governor... yet to really explore the results on that mod... maybe tonight.

Last edited by WillyBoard; 08-15-2012 at 01:13 PM.. Reason: want to delete... trying to post a picture... not working
Old 08-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #27
Stretch660
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Looks Great! I'm glad to see the transformation is coming along.

Keep posting photos. I bet the blue is going to look cool.

Thanks.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:11 AM   #28
WillyBoard
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, it’s getting closer… dealing with lots of parts that were on back order and then sent wrong and returned and modified and finally, we’re about ready to disassemble and paint it.

Modifications include… 6” lift, fully functional ignition powered street legal turn signals with flashers and actual brake lights and an emergency strobe for civil emergency applications. It now has a roof and we added but are not shown, reinforcement grab handle corner diagonals for really stiffening things up. A tinted windshield and fully functional windshield wiper with park position. It has side mounted rear view mirrors and also not shown yet, a center mount rear view mirror. It has a 12v DC to 110v AC adapter. It has onboard air compressor for assisting with flat tire issues in the parking lots when utilizing the carts functionality at the fairgrounds for our newly acquired “courtesycart.org” .

It also has roof mounted hooks for cargo net and canoe rack. It has internal dome lights and I emphasize a rattle proof overhead fishing pole rack and will be adding rifle holsters.

We’ve installed seat belts all around… drivers unit still on back order, but should arrive soon. Adding a set of battery remote posts for jumping cars and an A,B,C fire extinguisher. The cart is also being fitted with a real nice multi-person First Aid kit and eventually will be modified to handle First Responder equipment and back board as we see it necessary. Considering SCUBA tank holders for our lake adventures as well.

The rear axle has 2” axle extenders and it appears we are going to add functional air shocks to balance the difference of no load vs. full load of six people in the near future.

Tires are New Honda Rubicon take offs. Wheels are Chromed Tsunamis.

The modifications to the governor and upgrading all the wiring to 12 gauge and adding automobile fuse blocks have done amazing things to making it more dependable and drivable. Also added a 12v accessory port for hand held spot light usage.

The 350cc Robins engine accelerates wonderfully, but then levels out to a consistent road speed not damaging to running gears or engine. It downshifts well going into steep hills, and was able to climb our sled riding hill with ease. Hoping to see if it will run as good in the cold, might make a great addition to the farm as a recovery unit to haul the kids back up the hill while sledding.
Stay tune for after photos… still going with 2010 Jeep Wrangler Blue, with our company logo in copper and gold front and side.

The front and back roof panels will display www.courtesycart.org placard and hoping to get our old personalized license plates registered for it as a final novelty if we pass the street legal hurdle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0824121813.jpg (186.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0824121814.jpg (197.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0824121814b.jpg (190.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-31-2012, 12:50 PM   #29
Stretch660
Getting Wild

Yamaha

WOW!!!! Can't wait to see in the blue. Should really make it pop.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:46 PM   #30
WillyBoard
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch660 View Post
WOW!!!! Can't wait to see in the blue. Should really make it pop.

It's a much different blue than yours... in fact, I'm scared I just spent a bunch of money on a color I won’t like... but, my daughter is very young and goes to school down the road from you... their colors are blue and white... so she wanted some resemblance of the color thing for future usage around the school as well.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO