lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2009, 09:02 AM   #1
yelilly
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default G2 Getting Hot

A friend of mine has an 89 G2 I haven't looked at it. He says if you put the air filter in it it will not run right, and get hot and quit. Does yamaha have any thing to shut it down if it gets to hot? Any body have any idea what would cause this to happen. What could the filter have to do with it getting hot? It is a good filter.
Thanks Earl
yelilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2009, 11:03 AM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 Getting Hot

More than likely the muffler is stopped up. Do a search on muffler bbq. It involves burning the muffler to clean it out.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:20 PM   #3
jerryfish77
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I asked about that muffler BBQ and its geared more towards 2 stroke mufflers rather than 4 stroke. It might not solve his problem.
jerryfish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:56 PM   #4
cart de golf
Gone Wild

if the engine is cooled down

take a hose where the air exaust at the top of the engine behind the cilynder head & wash it down it might be full of mud & overheating

when I do a tune up on older carts I always wash them down they run mutch better after
cart de golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:14 PM   #5
yelilly
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I will try the tips you have suggested. It is an old cart, might possibly have oil build up in it. I will ask him if it burns oil. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you Earl
Old 10-07-2009, 11:54 PM   #6
yelilly
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I got the cart, took a water hose to the fins, cleaned out not really very dirty. Took the lid off the air box, and where the hose from the valve cover hooks up, there is a little screen in there, it was completely stopped up with oil. Took brake cleaner sprayed it out good, put it back on tried it out and it ran cool as a cucumber. Would like to say thanks to everyone for their help.
Earl
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha