lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2010, 09:54 AM   #21
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: Amp meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj12b View Post
I went with the 500A version. I have seen over 200A loads regularly under working conditions, like pulling a tarp full of leaves. Other then that, Im around 120 max usually. Its not much more for the extra 300A.

-Adam
I agree that the 500 amp version for a golf cart is the way to go.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2014, 12:25 PM   #22
Mike from Texas
Getting Wild

I'll go ahead and apologize in advance for digging up a 4 year old post. I did a search for amp meter and couldn't find a newer thread.

Anyway a couple of questions:

1). Where can I buy a shunt like DOOmsman posted in his picture above?

2). My cart is a 98 Club Car DS 48V with a 700A controller. What size shunt should I buy?

3). Where can I buy a current meter to go with a 700A controller and will I need one that high? I honestly would prefer a mechanical meter but don't know if they are available.

Thanks for bearing with me on this and thanks for any help.
Mike from Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:43 PM   #23
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have installed a ammeter with remote shunt in a golf cart once before and wasn't real happy with the performance. It was only accurate at full throttle. Anytime the gas pedal was at part throttle it caused completely erratic readings that were unusable. This is because of how the controller limits speed of the motor. The controller sends "pulses" of power at a high rate (pulse width modulated or PWM for short) except at full throttle. Since most of my riding is part throttle the gauge was worthless. I've never installed once since.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:02 PM   #24
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I think the noise may have come from the power supply to the gauge display, not the shunt (a shunt is a simple resistor, it dosent care about pwm). This is only a theory, but, if that were the case, a filter capacitor system (or something to "clean" the power) should have been able to stabilize it. Just my theory.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha