lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2010, 10:01 AM   #1
rrhodes
Not Yet Wild

Default compression

I have a 1995 4 passenger cart, has kawasaki fe-290. Does antone know what the compression should be. It hard to start and smokes after i get it running.
rrhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2010, 10:16 AM   #2
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: compression

From what has been told here, around 150-160 is where it should be. I tested my 99 and it has the same motor you have but mine is cw rotation and it got 160. Make sure you test it with a fully charged battery and the throttle is wide open at the carb, not the pedal as the pedal does not seem to open it fully. The older carts with the flatheadd motors should be around 110-120 if I recall.
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #3
rrhodes
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:24 AM   #4
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Also my 99 smokes at times but has good compression. I dont know if its the valve guides or something else. I changed the oil & filter and it seemed to not be so bad. I also cleaned the spark plug as it had carbon buildup on it. Seems to run better but still smoked a little but has great power. Every cart is different but how bad is it smoking? What does the plug look like? Are you choking it when you try to start it?
Old 04-12-2010, 10:42 AM   #5
rrhodes
Not Yet Wild

changed oil to 20w50 and put in new plug, starts hard, after it sits for awhile i have to use starting fluid. Or take off intake hose and manually choke the carb with my hand. once i get the rpms up it seems to run ok but smokes and you can see smoke come out of the exhaust flange mounting, i am working on it for a friend who took it to a shop and put a electric fuel pump on it. I think it was a automotive style because it would fill a pop bottle in about 1 minute. I put a vacumn type fuel pump on it and am know trying to get it to run correctly. I will take a compression test tonight and see what it is.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:49 AM   #6
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have to choke mine to get it started usually or I pump it a couple of times and it starts but runs rough at lower rpms. I need to change the fuel lines and fuel filter. Then check the vacuum pump and look at the carb. Maybe mine has a little junk in it. My fuel filter doesnt seem to have very much fuel in it as compared to my 90 which I replaced all the fuel lines & filter. It stays full in the filter. Maybe we have a fuel issue
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car