lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2010, 08:35 PM   #1
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Default 28 degree clutch

Need a little help here please... I have a 2000 TXT with a 295 head on a 350 block. I recently changed my 36 degree clutch over to a 28 degree and now I am hitting the rev limiter so quick I can't even cruise.. I have wheel spinning power at takeoff but the difference in the angle on the clutches has caused my rev limiter to kick in before I can plane out. I have read some threads on the MSD ignition but have not seen any part numbers or distributors to buy from.. If somebody can get me some info., I would appreciate it.. Thanks
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2010, 09:00 PM   #2
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 28 degree clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez go go View Post
Need a little help here please... I have a 2000 TXT with a 295 head on a 350 block. I recently changed my 36 degree clutch over to a 28 degree and now I am hitting the rev limiter so quick I can't even cruise.. I have wheel spinning power at takeoff but the difference in the angle on the clutches has caused my rev limiter to kick in before I can plane out. I have read some threads on the MSD ignition but have not seen any part numbers or distributors to buy from.. If somebody can get me some info., I would appreciate it.. Thanks
I just sent you a pm.

Johnny
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:36 AM   #3
lomcevac
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Is this a common thing here? I was planning to change mine over in the future but I don't want it to hit the rev limiter when trying to cruise around.
lomcevac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #4
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

I don't thinks it' common, it's only become a problem with the 28 deg. Clutch... the change in gear ratio put me over the top... it ran fine with the 36... I am just experimenting to see how much I can get out of the mod. Engine.. lomcevac you won't regret the upgrade. I love it and you can't beat the added power..
Old 08-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #5
lomcevac
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OK, thanks. still have a stock engine, just looking for more power. Been thinking about changing the 36 degree clutch with the 28 degree cams. I just can't find someone that can sell just the clutch parts. I read that doing that will help out quite a bit. Plus I was wanting to machine the driven clutch. I can do it myself, I just don't know how much to take off of it. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #6
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

lomcevac just know that I have a modified engine to an extent... Just the clutch alone isn't going to give you the gittyup that I've got... I don't want to lead you astray thinkin the 28 deg. clutch will give you the power my cart has. My 2000 txt has a 295cc cyl. head on a 350cc engine block with .50 oversize pistons and my compression is up to 245 psi on each cylinder.. That is all low end torque and is the reason I am hitting my rev limiter so quickly. That angle change on the clutch is gearing the engine down longer and peaking on the revs before the clutch can operate.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:03 AM   #7
lomcevac
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yea, I understand that you have a modded engine. I was going to do this for a while, just can't find the parts to add 28 deg cams to a 36 deg clutch.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:14 AM   #8
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Try callin Tom at CPP ( Carts Parts Plus )... He can machine your existing clutch and probably give you some good info.. I have dealt with him before and he's a good guy...
Old 08-03-2010, 06:19 AM   #9
lomcevac
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO