lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2011, 09:29 AM   #1
TurboTy
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 gas yamaha no start?

hey guys, new here and i have a problem..i know you probably hear it a lot, lol....i have what i believe to be a mid 80's yamaha, according to the info i got off here i think its a G1?..it'll only inch forward as i pull the choke and play wth the throttle, if i spray some starting fluid in she'll fire for a second till the starting fluid wears off then just inche's forward on battery...i see some threads talking bout fuel pumps..i never messed with this one...i did take the carb off and cleaned it but no difference, any buddy have ideas? appreciate it!!
TurboTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
caddylac camper
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 gas yamaha no start?

You might want to take the drive belt off and see if it runs. It should not try to move while being cranked over by the starter/generator, your description makes me think it is trying to start under load.
caddylac camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:32 AM   #3
TurboTy
Not Yet Wild

it just putt's forward....cause on this one cart, (not sure how other carts are)...you have your key to turn to off or forward or reverse.....you turn it to forward for instance and hit the throttle she moves on battery...normally a little choke pulling and she fires right up and goes....i may have explained it wrong before...i havent had much experience with carts besides mine so excuse me if i make it sound weird...lol...
TurboTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:49 PM   #4
Beachrights
Getting Wild

Spark-fuel-air. Has to be one of them. Sounds like you need to check fuel- take off your fuel line that goes to the carb and try to start- should have fuel come out of line.

Pull your plug and check for spark.
Beachrights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:12 PM   #5
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Check compression. Check for leaking seals, driver and passenger side. Replace if leaking.
worqhors is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha