lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2008, 08:22 PM   #1
Santa
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default G2 Stereo

So now I want a system in my g2, I already have a receiver, and speakers are on the way, but after testing the receiver, (Its Old) i found out that the back light is finicky, you have to squeeze the unit a certain way to get the back lights to stay on, and all cd's skip over track 6 on all cd's, now I really just want to use the ipod because, I hate the radio (Except XM) and I have all my cd's on the ipod, I was wondering if i could use an amp for the speakers that goes directly to the ipod, now with my cart, it has no roof, and the front end is fabricated so there is no compartment up front or any where to install a receiver, the only place i can put it is behind the seats facing forward, I already made a box and it looks ok, but i would much rather mount an amp of some kind inside the cart so it is not visible, I posted pictures somewhere today, I'm not sure where they went, I think its something like Santa's VW Golf cart. I am also on a tight budget...
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2008, 09:18 PM   #2
Santa
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 Stereo

the pictures are in my albums in my profile if anybody wants to check them out, its got pics of the g2 over the past 4 years.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:24 AM   #3
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Nice pic's!

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:49 AM   #4
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Lookin good man!!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:12 AM   #5
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

I liked that yeller car.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 01:02 PM   #6
Santa
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

So I decided the roof is going back on, the location of the speakers will be up high behind the driver and passenger's head on the roof, the receiver will mount on the roof, and the other 2 speakers will be where the gas and break pedal are, I am also moving the 2 square fog style lights on the roof. I will post pictures when complete!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:18 PM   #7
Santa
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Okay, I have new pics uploaded to my album. The roof is back, Painted white (Who the hell wanted it yellow!) ran the wires through for lights, head unit, and back up light, installed the front marine speakers made housings for the back speakers, and ordered the head unit, pioneer, msrp $130, 200 watt. (ebay $60) I don't know If I'm gonna put a cover on the receiver face because its going under the roof so the chances of it geting wet are slim. Now i just need to decide if I should spring for a sub, I was probably thinking 2 8" marine, with a 400 watt marine amp, Maybe i'll wait till I hear what I have until I decide for that! I am even going to install an antenna even though I really don't listen to the radio, just nice to have all the features work right? I really spent a lot of time thinking of where the best places to put the speakers, I figure with the way its going to be set up, I have it pretty balanced out, one in each corner, now the speakers were super cheep and now I regret going that way, but If they suck i'll just buy new ones. I also lost the freeken key, when I replaced the key switch they only sent me one key, so now I'm waiting for them to come in the mail... Any suggestions or comments are appreciated!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha