lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2011, 08:15 PM   #11
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: Trailer Pics and How You Strap Cart Down

2" ratchet straps 4 points chris crossed from the lower a arms or axel itself to the trailer bed.
Using the chris crossed method keeps the cart from moving to one side or the other and using the axel or lower a arms takes the shocks out of play.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2011, 06:56 AM   #12
stevegoff
Not Yet Wild

thank you guys so much for the responses. i would love to see some pics of your trailers. i haven't decided what I'm going to buy next but I'm thinking 5x10 with high sides.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trailer1.jpg (28.9 KB, 11 views)
stevegoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:14 AM   #13
Chill 1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Not trying to high jack this thread, but I am curious if this same way of strapping the cart down to a trailer would be the same in a pickup truck. I will have to leave my tailgate down in order to fit the cart, so this is going to be very important to get this thing locked in there well.
Chill 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:30 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I prefer a front rail you can run the tires up against. Then you can ratchet strap the cart forward into the rail. This is the easiest & most secure way to haul. The forces of a sudden stop far out weigh the force of acceleration. So more emphasis should be put on stopping the forward movement than side to side or backwards movement.
A solid sided trailer shown is the hardest thing to strap a cart down in because you don't have access the floor or frame.
I used this little cart trailer for years, it is a foot longer than in the pictures and for sale now in So Cal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2705.jpg (246.5 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0210.jpg (246.5 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0256.jpg (260.0 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0257.jpg (204.0 KB, 36 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:34 AM   #15
pernellj954
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill 1 View Post
Not trying to high jack this thread, but I am curious if this same way of strapping the cart down to a trailer would be the same in a pickup truck. I will have to leave my tailgate down in order to fit the cart, so this is going to be very important to get this thing locked in there well.

My tailgate is off the truck since I also pull a camper and the back seat foot rest platform and tailgate sticks out to far and I wouldn't be able to make turns. I think it will be hard to get straps on the front axle and cross them since the tires are touching the bed. You could probably do that from the back and hook the straps to the front side anchor points. I don't like putting on straps that pull to the rear...if for some reason the fronts broke, out the back the cart goes!
pernellj954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #16
stevegoff
Not Yet Wild

scottyb- thanks for the pics. i'm looking at that high side one because i haul a lot of firewood as well. here's what i just got rid of...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trailer 001 (Medium).jpg (95.1 KB, 9 views)
stevegoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:53 PM   #17
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Find one with removable side boards or buy a low rail/open trailer and build your higher side boards so they come off easy. You will not like the high sides for tying anything down properly.
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:05 PM   #18
0517murphy
Redneck in Southside

Club Car

What I have done with my high sided trailer is to make mounting points in the four corners of the bed to tie too. with not too high sides I reach over to tie straps. with that said I agree with Scottyb I pull the tires against head board and tie forward.
0517murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:33 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I hear ya Steve. It is hard to get one trailer to do 2 jobs that doesn't compromise both jobs That's why I have so many trailers ...... trailers are the next best thing to pick up trucks
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:38 PM   #20
0517murphy
Redneck in Southside

Club Car

Ain't it the truth
0517murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO