lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
pgagreg
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 precedent runs ocassionally

my 2010 club car precedent gas cart ran 200 yards then stopped. When I press the pedal there was a single click. I could feel the click at the solenoid. After towing it back to my barn and letting it sit overnight, it started right up the next day. Is my solenoid going bad
thanks
greg
pgagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2010 precedent runs ocassionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgagreg View Post
my 2010 club car precedent gas cart ran 200 yards then stopped. When I press the pedal there was a single click. I could feel the click at the solenoid. After towing it back to my barn and letting it sit overnight, it started right up the next day. Is my solenoid going bad
thanks
greg
It's difficult to diagnose from that description Greg. It could be the coil or several other possibilities. Please let us know what happens when you next try to run her. Sorry to sound vague but there are are a multitude of reasons why this situation may have occurred.

FC.
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:22 AM   #3
pgagreg
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2010 precedent runs ocassionally

FC thanks for the reply
I wondered if when a solenoid goes bad does it stop working completely or can it work ocasionally?

It does act like when a coil goes bad but I wouldn't have thought 200 yards was far enough to get it that hot.
I will be trying to run it today and see what happens
pgagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car