lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #1
DWL
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 no start after warmed up

I have G1 that i have changed Carb., Crank seals, fuel pump and still no start after warm.If cart is cold it will start and run great at all throttle postions until i stop and and try to restart will not start. Motor has 130 # compression and spark plug is sparking and plug has fuel on it . Any ideas
DWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2012, 06:58 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 no start after warmed up

I assume the engine is cranking it just wont fire?

How does it run?

Check the compression cold, then check it after it's hot. Compare.

If you have fuel, compression, and spark....it should run. Unless one of those things changes after running it. Check all before and after running. It could be something with the fuel?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:36 AM   #3
yamarancher
Gone Wild

Yamaha

might check the vent in the gas tank.
yamarancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #4
Mrrogers24
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Check the starter solenoid. when it doesn't crank, tap on it while holding the pedal down, if it cranks, its a bad solenoid. There are 2 solenoids above the right rear wheel, the one closest to the body is the forward solenoid

Last edited by Mrrogers24; 04-28-2012 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: Grammer
Mrrogers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #5
DWL
Not Yet Wild

It cranks over but what start i have noticed that it will SOMTIMES start in reverse but will not in forward i tried starting it for two days no start cold.Could the exhaust be plugged up cause these problems keep in mine that it run great when i can get it to start
DWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #6
Mrrogers24
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Yea it could be, make sure that valve on the exhaust is operating properly, I just took mine out completely, that fixed a similar problem I was having. Also feel the air flow coming out of the exhaust while cranking. If the cylinder is flooded take the plug out and blow it out with some compressed air to clear it out and see if it starts. Check your air filter as well. It does sound like an air flow problem.
Mrrogers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:58 PM   #7
caddylac camper
Gone Wild

Yamaha

When ever i hear can't start when hot/warm i think of carb flooding due to heat build up and a float level too high, especially if the motor starts ok when cold or after sitting for a hour or two. The other thing that heat will do is affect a bad coil or cdi unit but if you have spark when hot then that should be ok. You mentioned the plug has fuel on it, that could be from a flood condition when you start to crank the engine. It should take considerable cranking with the choke on full to get excessive fuel onto the plug. An often overlooked part of the carb is the float bowel vent which must be open to allow for expansion of the gas when warmed up from engine heat.
caddylac camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 10:25 PM   #8
LoudLowNslow
Not Yet Wild

Sorry for the resurection but it is a result of searching :)

Were in the same boat as this guy.

New piston and head, crank and bearings nice and tight.
New crank seals
New carb
New fuel pump

Thing runs great when first started, run the thing ten mins and she's fine UNTIL you shut her off. Then it won't restart. To a point where the overflow on the carb just pours fuel. It just sits there and cranks.

Here's the weird thing, we've found that if this happens on a hill and we start to roll it while cranking, it will catch and take off and run totally fine. Until you shut it off again.

Even if you pull the belt off so there's no load, it will just crank and crank and crank.

ANY advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
A very frustrated Paul
LoudLowNslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 10:28 PM   #9
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

If you have fuel coming out of the bowl vent, the float is set too high. It's not an overflow, it's a vent.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:03 AM   #10
LoudLowNslow
Not Yet Wild

How do I adjust that? Do you think this is causing the no start issue when warm as well? Thanks!
LoudLowNslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha