lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Club car jumpy

whats more important than just voltage is voltage under load........you can have a battery that shows perfect voltage but drops like a brick when you put a load on it.........thats what you really need to do is load test each battery............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #12
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILWHITETAILSRAWESOME View Post
so if yours are 8.7 to 8.8 per battery and mine are 8.4 that shouldn't be the problem... hmmmm???
That's what I'm thinking. Do you have a v/glide?
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #13
ILWHITETAILSRAWESOME
Not Yet Wild

Mine has the MCOR unit (under passenger side on the frame) What is the best way to measure under load? I jacked up and tested while pushing the pedal down so wheels were spinning (is that not really enough of a load)? My tester has the prongs so it would be hard to drive up hill and hold on the batteries....?
ILWHITETAILSRAWESOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:32 PM   #14
riburgos
Not Yet Wild

I would guess the MCOR, my cart was jumpy specially in reverse. I swapped out with a friend of mine cart to see if that was it. I there it was.
riburgos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #15
Dav1774
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

When our 2004 club cars get jumpy and the batteries are good 99% of the time it is the brushes in the motor.
Dav1774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #16
ILWHITETAILSRAWESOME
Not Yet Wild

It's a brand new motor and controller. Worked great for first few rides and hunts but now all of a sudden seems to lack power. In reverse this thing will hardly go up the driveway. It is a high torque motor and controller so it should climb basically anything (and did last time I had it hunting). I wonder if due to high torque motor when under load that is when the batteries are being drawn to low...? or the MCOR?

Riburgos - How did you chance the MCOR? Just take the few bolts out and unplug the 2 wire sets and swap ?
Old 06-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #17
ILWHITETAILSRAWESOME
Not Yet Wild

May have found something.... I was reading another thread about the throttle and it seems it should only move about 1 inch before "clicking". My pedal moves about 4" + before it ever clicks. I think I am gonna try the fix for this first and see if that causes me to get the correct "acceleration" and allow the MCOR to work at max....
Old 06-04-2012, 07:06 AM   #18
Dav1774
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

the mcor has 2 screws and 2 wires on it easy to remove, sometimes they get stuck on the pedal assy you will need to carefully pry it off with a screwdriver.
looking in the service manual you can test the mcor--- cart jacked up, key on, tow switch in run, forward/reverse switch in neutral, check voltage (with insulation-piercing probe) on the green wire close to the two pin connector on the mcor
voltage should read 0
when the accelerator is pressed the voltage should read 48 volts or full battery voltage
Dav1774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #19
ILWHITETAILSRAWESOME
Not Yet Wild

Took off MCOR tonight, didn't have fuel line so I fabbed up an "O"ring, put it back together and WOW... I now have a lot more pedal/power than I did before.. I think I can still gain more as the O Ring didn't pick up quite as much as fuel line would..
Old 06-05-2012, 06:59 AM   #20
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILWHITETAILSRAWESOME View Post
Took off MCOR tonight, didn't have fuel line so I fabbed up an "O"ring, put it back together and WOW... I now have a lot more pedal/power than I did before.. I think I can still gain more as the O Ring didn't pick up quite as much as fuel line would..
. . . new GO pedal and MCOR input shaft costs about $35 at CC dealer . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car