lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2014, 05:20 PM   #1
Miamidad
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default My First Biuld . 2009 Yamaha Drive (Gas)

This forum has already help out like crazy. Thank you all for providing all this information.

I purchased a 2009 Drive last month and plan in cleaning it up and eventually making it street legal in Florida. I will use it as a hobby to keep me in the garage (married guys will know what I am talking about) and to cruise around with the family.

Here are some pics from when I picked it up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4275 (Small).JPG (27.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4279 (Small).JPG (99.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4281 (Small).JPG (28.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4285 (Small).JPG (54.0 KB, 0 views)
Miamidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2014, 05:27 PM   #2
Miamidad
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: My First Biuld . 2009 Yamaha Drive (Gas)

The cart is super slow. According to free MPH app on iphone i am was getting around 9mph. I zip tied the governor and now i am getting around 15mph.

I order the Speed Spring you all talk about but i have not installed yet because i ordered new throttle cables (long and short) and will replace all at the same time when i get them. I also ordered a new governor screw and bolt, it is rusted also.

The cart is not rusty, generally, but all the little piece seem to be well corroded. I am most worried at that part near the spring coming out the transaxle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4312 (Small).JPG (51.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4313 (Small).JPG (42.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4314 (Small).JPG (60.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-10-2014, 05:28 PM   #3
Miamidad
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I want to get into contact with Plowmans and talk about what he recommends. Does he have email or best over the phone?
Old 02-10-2014, 05:36 PM   #4
Miamidad
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

So... I will keep going. I ordered the lights (from ebay) and decided to make the cut outs before i tear the body down to clean up the frame and paint or dip the body panels. Here is the progress of the lights.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4335 (Small).JPG (63.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4339 (Small).JPG (66.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4345 (Small).JPG (40.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4349 (Small).JPG (38.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4350 (Small).JPG (41.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-10-2014, 05:37 PM   #5
Miamidad
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

next weekend i will continue the tear down and I plan to change the oil and transaxle oil. I am going to get Mobile 1, but they have Mobile 1 for cars in 10w40 and then i saw one that was 10w40 (4t for motorcycles). Any recommendation of one over the other or same thing?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8026541_mbi_98hc75_pri_detl.jpg (8.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-10-2014, 07:01 PM   #6
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Call don at plowmans. He is very thorough as to what these carts need for the mods done to them.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:10 PM   #7
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Good for you! Looks like you have alot of helpers for the new toy Nice job on the lites, it can be intimidating to cut those holes out, I use screws to hold the head light buckets in, those brackets are a pain! I don't really recommend the "speed spring" for Drives,because the early Team transaxles had a poorly desighned/lack of heat treating on the collar the govenor fork rides on. Oh well, if you want to go faster, just don't let your kids drive it at those speeds! The stock blue/purple spring is just to weak, Plowmans or Erlandson( Yamaha went to him for help) make a stiffer spring that really works. Good luck and keep the pictures coming
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:26 PM   #8
Miamidad
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Exclamation Re: My First Biuld . 2009 Yamaha Drive (Gas)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Good for you! Looks like you have alot of helpers for the new toy Nice job on the lites, it can be intimidating to cut those holes out, I use screws to hold the head light buckets in, those brackets are a pain! I don't really recommend the "speed spring" for Drives,because the early Team transaxles had a poorly desighned/lack of heat treating on the collar the govenor fork rides on. Oh well, if you want to go faster, just don't let your kids drive it at those speeds! The stock blue/purple spring is just to weak, Plowmans or Erlandson( Yamaha went to him for help) make a stiffer spring that really works. Good luck and keep the pictures coming
Thanks.

Yeah they are not all mine. Only the two in pink.

I have not installed the spring yet. Do you recommend an alternative to the speed spring?
Old 02-10-2014, 07:29 PM   #9
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamidad View Post
Thanks.

Yeah they are not all mine. Only the two in pink.

I have not installed the spring yet. Do you recommend an alternative to the speed spring?
How fast do want to go?
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:43 PM   #10
Miamidad
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

That's too open ended. That never ending battle WANT vs NEED. my goal is eventual street legal which is between 20 and 25. But a little more than than would be awesome.

I already got a lift and 23" in mind which I read will increase some top end mph.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha