lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2014, 05:19 PM   #11
glavini
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: blinking voltmeter among other things

On the solenoid I see 4 post. 2 big and 2 small, the small ones have a yellow/red wire attached to one and a blue attached to the other. The larger ones have the battery connections....I am getting B+ on the large post of the solenoid (the one with multiple red wires) I tried sticking the dvm in pin 5 but wasnt having much luck.

These schematics are new to me, I just needto read them for a few hours to understand.
glavini is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2014, 09:59 PM   #12
glavini
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Is there a way to bypass the switch, just to see if it does move. I checked online and ordered a new switch but would like to know if that's definitely the problem or if I should keep trouble shooting. I have a feeling there may be several issues and not just one little problem.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:17 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

On the solenoid's small terminals.
One of them should have a single wire, supposed to be Blue in color.
The other should have threes wires, a Red, a Yellow and a White/Yellow.

If there is only one wire on each of the small terminals, your cart isn't wired the same as the schematic, so it has been rewire or we are looking at the wrong schematic.

Please post pictures of the controller and solenoid.
Also, what is serial of cart, so we can look up how it left factory.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:27 AM   #14
glavini
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

looks like I found a few other possible things that could be causing it not to work. I have attached pics, I found one white wire hanging out down below not connected to anything and apparently I do not have a resistor or diode on the solenod.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.jpg (138.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2.jpg (142.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-17-2014, 12:50 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

That is a DCS controller, so the schematic is the right one, or at least the part we are working with is right.

The small terminal with the Red and Yellow wires on it, should have a third wire coming from the keyswitch. The missing wire is White with a Yellow trace, but I'm not sure if the loose White wire in the second photo is coming from the keyswitch. Also, it looks like a push-on connector rather than a ring terminal.

Trace it out to be sure.

Also, always put Run/Tow switch in Tow when connecting or disconnecting wires, or you'll blow the controller.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:07 PM   #16
glavini
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I traced it and that is in fact the white wire with yellow trace coming from the keyswitch. I also found this on the floor by the controller, is it possible they put this on and that is where the push-on connection came from? and thank you so much for all the help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo(1).jpg (115.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-17-2014, 02:58 PM   #17
glavini
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

connected the wire to the small post and the solenoid now clicks, I connected dvm to pin 5 and got the b+ pressed the pedal and nothing happened. Pin 5 has b+ regardless of whether pedal is pressed and pin 7 does not have any
Old 04-18-2014, 04:54 AM   #18
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The object pictured is the weird Resistor/Diode assembly EZGO put on solenoids in DCS carts.Toss that one in the trash and do not order another one.
Instead, install a separate resistor and diode in the correct places once the cart is running.

----------------
Solenoid clicks! That is a good sign. Now to get it clicking at the right time.

The solenoid should activate when the pedal is pushed and deactivate when it isn't pushed.

Electrically, the pedal microswitch sends B+ to Pin-5 on controller, which tell the controller to put B- on Pin-7, activating solenoid.

If you are getting B+ on Pin-5 whether pedal is up or down, the pedal microswitch isn't doing its job. Could be a bad switch, or maladjusted.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:00 AM   #19
glavini
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I ordered a new switch since they weren't expensive. I guess I'll have to wait until if comes in unless there is another way to check or adjust the switch.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:07 AM   #20
glavini
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

What size resistor and diode? Are there specific ones made for the different series carts?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO