lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2010, 08:48 AM   #1
17TBone
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Leveling The Rear End???

I have a new ST Sport 2+2 with the Kawasaki 401cc motor. It has the newer factory lift with steering setup in the front which I believe is rack and pinion. It's different than the 2008 model was as it sits about an inch or 2 higher. Anyhow the front sits slightly higher (about 1/2 in) than the rear. What can I do to level it? Are there blocks that are 1/2" that will work with this setup? The stock U bolts seem long enough to add a 1/2 inch block if they make one. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
17TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:52 AM   #2
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Leveling The Rear End???

I have not seen anything for that. Ive seen front leveling kits. You might have to make up some new shackles and push the rear end down some.
blake80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:54 AM   #3
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

I almost forgot. You will most likely need shock extenders too.
blake80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:56 AM   #4
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

I would call Mike at MMT, http://www.mikesmotortoys.com/

I know he makes a leveling kit for Ez-go's just dont know if it's for the fron or back.

Either way, I'm sure he can help you
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:40 AM   #5
IDIeselman
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Go ahead and add the block but, You will have the weld it to the existing mount plate and drill the hole for the spring centering pin to sit it. The rear shocks on my 09 still have plenty of travel. If you lift the front anymore however you will need shock extensions and must lengthen the steering shaft.
IDIeselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:50 AM   #6
IDIeselman
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Here's a cruel bit of info on the front http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...stom-rant.html

I have seen two different styles used on the 09 carts, One being like mine as pictured and the other a factory block of sorts that would be easier to lift. Don't hesitate to contact Mike @ MMT if you need anything. He has been more than helpfull with repeated resurections of my cart.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:13 PM   #7
17TBone
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

So you added a 1/2 or 1" block to yours? Is that a picture of your cart's spring/block setup? Was it to level the rear or did you go bigger all the way around on yours? The other thought I had was to add coil over shocks to the rear to help when I have people on the back.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:18 PM   #8
IDIeselman
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes it is a pic of my cart, I added 1 1/8" block to the rear and 3/4" up front to level and clear my 24" Mudlites. Be cautious lifting the rear too much as I also had to redrill and drop my front snubber mount to maintain the factory engine location. Before dropping this mount the engine plate was very close to sliding away from the snubber.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:58 AM   #9
17TBone
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for all the suggestions. I added a Fox coilover shock assembly I had laying around from one of our miniquads that was the right length and it added just the right amount of lift (roughly 1/2 inch). The ride quality is the same except it seems to have removed the body roll associated with a lifted cart especially when people are on the back. The cart also stays level with people on the back. This was a good modification in case anyone wants to try it.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:17 PM   #10
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

I add the rear shackles the EZGO puts in their 2" lift kits when customer complain about the cart not sitting level. They cost about 20 bucks for all 4.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO