lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2014, 01:56 PM   #1
TheGDFP
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Hub strength?

Is there any strength difference, resistance to stripping splines, between the separate hub and drum vs the integral ones?
TheGDFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2014, 02:22 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Hub strength?

If you are asking about the Ausco HD hub and drum set compared to OEM drum/hub unit then yes, they are miles apart. The OEM hub is the weak link in the drive system.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Ezgo_Pinch_Hubs.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 03:08 PM   #3
TheGDFP
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
If you are asking about the Ausco HD hub and drum set compared to OEM drum/hub unit then yes, they are miles apart. The OEM hub is the weak link in the drive system.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Ezgo_Pinch_Hubs.html

Thanks. I'm not sure what the ones I have are. They were on a rearend I picked up during the pile-it-up phase of my project.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:35 PM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Scotty has a great point - if You do some searching, you will find a ton of threads regarding stripped hubs and in many cases, axle splines too due to the cr*p stock hubs. If You're going to stay the performance course you're posting about in your other threads, I would highly suggest going with the HD hubs, and as long as You're doing that, look into the Ausco disc brake kit which improves your braking significantly (which You will need on a beefed-up cart as the stock brakes are marginal even at 12mph, let alone 20, 30, or more) and as a bonus, includes the heavy-duty hubs as a part of the kit. One of the best $250 investments You can make :)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 01:32 PM   #5
TheGDFP
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
Scotty has a great point - if You do some searching, you will find a ton of threads regarding stripped hubs and in many cases, axle splines too due to the cr*p stock hubs. If You're going to stay the performance course you're posting about in your other threads, I would highly suggest going with the HD hubs, and as long as You're doing that, look into the Ausco disc brake kit which improves your braking significantly (which You will need on a beefed-up cart as the stock brakes are marginal even at 12mph, let alone 20, 30, or more) and as a bonus, includes the heavy-duty hubs as a part of the kit. One of the best $250 investments You can make :)
Thanks! I'll get pics of what I have.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:56 PM   #6
TheGDFP
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO