lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2015, 09:16 AM   #1
c.j.
Not Yet Wild

Default 07 TXT - More power and hauling heavy load

I bought an 07 TXT that is pretty much decked out. I want to tune up the engine some to help it on hills, increase speed and power. What all can I do for this?

Also I plan to put a cargo carrier on the hitch receiver on the back. Add 4 people and a cooler full of beer I might need to add in leaf springs or heavy duty shocks. any recommendations.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5968.jpg (257.5 KB, 0 views)
c.j. is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2015, 09:48 AM   #2
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 07 TXT - More power and hauling heavy load

first check the number of leaf springs on the cart , it has a lift kit and rear seat so it may already have heavy duty springs installed , as far as putting 4 people and a cooler tray on back, i would not be trying that as the more weight you put on the back of that cart past the rear wheels becomes a problem because of the see saw effect you put a cooler on there and your front end will be leaving the ground , there is just not much weight in the front of an ezgo, you can easily pickup the front end all by yourself on the gas models. as far as performance if your pulling 4 people and want to move on anything but flat ground you will probably end up going to a 28 degree driven clutch and a severe duty belt at least, if you want speed you can adjust the governer but your going to have to decide between speed and people moving you really cannot do both with 11-13 hp

welcome and good luck
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO