lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2016, 01:50 PM   #1
Mr. Mike
It's Beer Time!

Yamaha

Default 93 Gas EZGO

I felt the need to buy this so I did. Got it for $150. I don't think I've ever owned a cleaner golf cart. This thing is a cream puff. The guy I bought it from told me that his grandfather bought it brand new and passed it down to his son which he then passed it down to his son. The guy said something went inside the engine and it is locked up. So he decided it was time for it to go. This cart apparently sat in a golf course garage its entire life and was only ever used on the golf course. I think next week I should get a chance to pull the motor and see what's goin on in there. My guess is a broken connecting rod. This is my first EZGO that I'm going to actually work on. Can anybody help me out with a service manual? Anybody have any tips or ideas on what to check first. Even the battery looks new but when I step on the pedal the clutch moves half an inch and that's it. Something's obviously jamming it up. Here some pics. I took them in the dark last night.

Mr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2016, 02:18 PM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: 93 Gas EZGO

Nice!! some guys have all the luck . Looks like it hasn't run for awhile by looking at the clutch.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:29 PM   #3
Mr. Mike
It's Beer Time!

Yamaha

He said it hasn't ran in a few months. He showed me the tag from a mechanic shop. He told me the mechanic said it needs a new engine. So he decided to get rid of it. I hate thoughts like that. It probably just needs a few internal parts to make it run again. I got the feeling that it was running perfect before it broke. I think he ran it low on oil.

I know nothing about EZGO carts. I've always worked on Yamaha carts. So this'll be a learning experience for me.
Old 06-22-2016, 03:17 PM   #4
Mr. Mike
It's Beer Time!

Yamaha

Here's a question. Are both connecting rods exactly the same? I found a guy in my city who has the same exact engine for sale but his has a broken connecting rod. I could probably buy his engine for 60 or 80 bucks and make one good engine out of both. Yes? I know it's halfassing it but I'm willing to gamble. Plus I'd have a whole bunch of extra parts in case I needed any. Should I?

Old 06-22-2016, 07:00 PM   #5
A29Adriver
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The bad news is that it is usually the same rod that goes in the engine, the farthest one from the oil pump. The good news is that both rods and pistons are the same.

If you take both engines to make one good one, you will probably have a decent runner that will give you a good running cart for a very small amount of money (150 + 120 =$270) that's less than what most people are asking for broken engine. You can sell the other parts off the engine and probably make a profit and a running cart in my area sells for well over a $1000.
A29Adriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 07:43 PM   #6
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

That's a great deal. You might find a manual in here. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...iagram-id.html
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 01:38 PM   #7
Mr. Mike
It's Beer Time!

Yamaha

I've emailed the guy twice now and he won't respond. I hate when craigslist sellers don't leave any contact info besides an email contact. I realize that the add is 2 months old but either respond and tell me it's gone so I won't hassle him anymore or delete the add. It's pretty simple really.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO