lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2016, 11:12 AM   #1
HBR
Gone Wild

Default Can't do the idle modification

I'm wanting to do this http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...dle-setup.html modification on a 1993 CC with the FE290 but have run into a small problem.

With the idle set as low as possible, the moveable face of my drive clutch is nearly all the way touching the fixed face. When I try to lower the idle more, the engine won't stay running reliably. It also becomes very difficult to start with the idle set so low. I cleaned the carb before doing all of this.

I've read as many posts as I could find on this subject and it seems many have no problems and others like me, can't keep the clutch from engaging. It also sounds like some have put in a stronger drive spring to keep the clutch from engaging at idle.

Should the moveable face of the drive clutch be open/not engaged at idle with the stock drive spring?

At about what RPM should the idle for this modification be set at?

Thanks for any help or insight.
HBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2016, 07:16 PM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Can't do the idle modification

Well, this is interesting!

IF... your drive belt is all of the way to the bottom of your drive clutch, (narrowist part, about 1-1/8")
Your drive clutch may be operating correctly!
Check the distance between the center of the drive and driven clutch bolts,
It should be 9-5/8" center to center, if it isn't, loosen the 4 engine mounting bolts, and adjust accordingly!

If I remember correctly, I have mine set at about 850 rpm's,
It still tries to "creep" a little, but I have a different drive belt on my cart!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car