lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2009, 09:30 PM   #21
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Default Re: Getting started on my G2 build

Wow, those springs are a first for me! Did the cart have a bed on it?
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2009, 10:18 PM   #22
hwill
Not Yet Wild

It looks like it had some sort of tilt bed on it at one time, but was not with it when we got it.
hwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:08 AM   #23
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

I've never seen the added springs either. You shouldn't need them.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:10 AM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I like them...I mean depend upon how the cart rides and what you are planning for it.....are you putting a rear seat or cargo box on it? I have a set of Parr car rear coils laying around which I have thought to add like that to something....how does it ride?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:51 AM   #25
Dark_Aaron
Gone Wild

Yamaha

hrm those springs are a first for me where was the cart used b4 u got it
Dark_Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:58 PM   #26
hwill
Not Yet Wild

Not sure what or where the cart was used before. It was bought in the city.
It is very very stiff, had to be used for some heavy hauling.
I wont need them. The cart will juts be used out in the desert to follow some 50cc quads and play on some hills.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:58 PM   #27
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Those added springs are very simular to what Taylor-Dunn would do. They would buy Yamaha G2/G9's, strip all the body parts off and build a steel diamond plate body,install the extra springs in the rear and install the new bodies. You could even order a steel cab with doors ect. the Yamaha frame and running gear would be left intact. Looks like yours was not a Taylor-Dunn ,but a very smart builder put togeather and had a longer bed than the body was (see the eye hole brackets at the back of the rear body) so the flatbed could be hinged for acsess serviceing. Kind of like the Umax I'm working on now. Good luck on your build! Dave PS- looks like your frame isn't to rusted out from the pic's. I had one car "Rhino" lined, actually it was called "Viper" coating from my freind that does my exhaust work. He only charged me 200.00 for all 6 peices and the steel cargo box. He liked so much...he bought it! You might check into it. Sorry couldn't find a pic's of it.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:38 PM   #28
hwill
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the replies.

I still up in the air about painting it. I was messing around and sprayed some metalic paint on part of the front clip and it actually came out good. I don't want to use rattle cans with the large areas I have so I'm thinking about using the Dupli-Color Paint Shop System.
I just need some Dura-Glass and glue to fix a crack and small hole and then I can paint the front.

An update on the cart is I got it running pretty much every time you get on the gas. Only problem is I get a back fire every now and then when you get off the gas. I'm thinking just a tad too rich. But if I back the pilot adjustment screw out even alittle I need to start the cart all the time with the choke.

I also found that I need to replace 1 tie-rod and all of the tie rod ends.

Lift kit/wheels should be here by the end of next week.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:21 AM   #29
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwill View Post
Thanks for the replies.

I still up in the air about painting it. I was messing around and sprayed some metalic paint on part of the front clip and it actually came out good. I don't want to use rattle cans with the large areas I have so I'm thinking about using the Dupli-Color Paint Shop System.
I just need some Dura-Glass and glue to fix a crack and small hole and then I can paint the front.

An update on the cart is I got it running pretty much every time you get on the gas. Only problem is I get a back fire every now and then when you get off the gas. I'm thinking just a tad too rich. But if I back the pilot adjustment screw out even alittle I need to start the cart all the time with the choke.

I also found that I need to replace 1 tie-rod and all of the tie rod ends.

Lift kit/wheels should be here by the end of next week.
Put the pilot screw back where it runs best.
The backfire is coming from the carb throttle being open a little when you are off the pedal.
Make sure the idle stop screw is adjusted out and/or the throttle cable is not holding the throttle open at all.
It must close all the way.

Check the price on metric Heim joints to replace the tierods, might be cheaper.

crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:32 PM   #30
hwill
Not Yet Wild

Got the cart where it starts good and doesn't back-fire...yet.
Been sanding and painting which is a nightmare on this cart. The paint is so thick and there are so many dings and cracks that I just got some truck bed liner spray. It is coming out good enough for me.
I still need to work on the rear metal body which will also get sprayed with the bed liner.

Questions:
What is the red light on the dash for? I'm thinking I seen it was for oil temp or oil level.
I seen a vendor sell running boards for the G2, anyone know if they replace the stock piece or are they just a cover?

Hopefully the lift kit and wheels/tires will be here Thursday and I can get it mostly finished.
I order seat covers and a steering wheel adapter.
I have a few stock parts that need replacing that I plan on picking up tomorrow: Shift lever, ramp shoe(not sure what these even do but one is broken), and alot of steering components.

I'll take some pics tomorrow.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha