lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2019, 01:47 PM   #1
mutt3497
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Toe in/Toe out?

2017 Drive 2. Seems after I put 12" wheels, slight larger tires and rear seat on I have issue with swaying pretty bad at times. I was wondering if toe out or toe in might improve it.
mutt3497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2019, 02:44 PM   #2
jeremy85
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Toe in/Toe out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutt3497 View Post
2017 Drive 2. Seems after I put 12" wheels, slight larger tires and rear seat on I have issue with swaying pretty bad at times. I was wondering if toe out or toe in might improve it.
Makeing it higher and adding passengers on the rear definitely makes it feel more tippy and sway more. Toe out will help it feel less twichy. But wont improve sway unless you already have some toe-in. Check it out and adjust it, go slow, half turns and then test. Let us know what you do and how you like it!!
jeremy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:30 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Toe in/Toe out?

You can measure the toe and do it that way, or like I did...
I ran mine down the road with the tie rods loose, figure out what way moves the front of tire in (toe in) and out. Then turn them toe in half or one turn and drive it faster and weave around some, you find with toe in it will get twitchy and over sensitive to steering. Turn it out and toe out will be vague and wander around, turning a little will not do much. You want to be between the two so its stable and goes straight, but turns when you move the wheel, but is not too touchy about it. Mine is almost zero toe. Its a good idea to measure the tires front and back to know where you are. If you leave it way off one way or other it will scrub on the tires and wear them faster. Issue with newer carts is the rear cradle articulates it has one mount in center, it lets the cart lean a lot, you lift it and its worse, you fill the back seat its worse. I would set the steering toe with no weight on the cart other than driver. Also check the steering and spindles/bearings/etc for any looseness or wear that will make the problem worse.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha