lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2020, 06:13 PM   #41
Junkhauler
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: What the heck have i purchased????

I have went around the computer... ran a cable from the pedal direct too the carb.... works great and now it will run 23mph 😀
My issue now is i damaged the steering rack & pinion and need a replacement... from what i can find the rack is unique to this cart.... its similar to a club car GS with one tie rod but... my tie rod is on the opposite side.. anyway has anyone wrecked one of these G17 carts out?
Or any ideas where to get a rack & pinion?
Junkhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2020, 06:47 PM   #42
tom4416
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I know when I needed some parts for a Sun Classic, called Yamaha direct in Georgia and was able to order from them through a direct to consumer customer service rep. Although I suspect your cart was made in Japan versus Georgia but still might be worth an email to Yamaha golf cart manufacturing in Japan (or whatever they call it).
tom4416 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 11:57 PM   #43
cornelld
Not Yet Wild

Hello so how did you make out with just unhooking the computer?? Only thing you had to do was run the cable from the pedal to the carb?? I live in the Philippines and I have found one of these for sale. Like you I didn't have a clue what the heck was under the front seat plus what the transmitter on the roof was for. What the heck are the red and green buttons on either side of the steering wheel for. PLus there are 2 extra positions for the key that are in Japanese, no clue what they are either. Have you ever been able to source anything for parts or a manual?? Any info greatly appreciated Thanks
cornelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 04:09 PM   #44
Junkhauler
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I've been running this cart for like 12 years or more... it has been a great golfcart...
The green and red buttons do nothing as far as I have found. The extra key position s do nothing either. Just remember when you turn off the key the rear end locks. This is your parking break and if you turn it off while you are topped out it will come to a sliding stop... its happend to me with a full load and a young kid in the front seat turned it off....
I found a article on the carts years ago that gave some info but no kind of service manual..
When I went around the computer with a throttle cable the computer had the cart wide open, so it was still turning everything on but the throttle was locked..
These carts are governed at 13mph... reads the speed off the rear end gearing..
Mine wl run 23 now but it is idling when I stop so u have to turn off key to kill the motor
Old 06-01-2021, 07:25 PM   #45
cornelld
Not Yet Wild

So the computer isn't contolling anything now on your cart and is completely unhooked?? The guy who has it for sale says he has no problem getting spare parts, but I really doubt he can. I will lask him for a parts manual/operator manual and see if he comes up with anything. Here in the philippines it is difficult to get spares for anything as the sellers rarely stock hardly anything in house(even auto dealers). Thanks for the info
cornelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 12:34 AM   #46
Junkhauler
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

No... it went into some weird limp mode when I crashed... was beeping and lights on dash blinkinking... took it to this old man named Delbert to fix.... he found a blown fuse and plugged in..
Bam it fired and flored itself backwards thru the shop and smacked forklift with tires squiling... shut off key and Delbert called me and said come get this haunted computer controlled %$#@&
Un plugged buzzer and ran cable too carb... old school...
Old 05-31-2022, 12:32 PM   #47
Turf Liner
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

These guys are in the Phillipines and appear to be able to source/manufacturer anything needed to rehab the Turf Joys. I tried to get them to ship to the US, but no luck.

https://csbgolfcar.com/EN/product-de...io581vpkh6io58

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelld View Post
So the computer isn't contolling anything now on your cart and is completely unhooked?? The guy who has it for sale says he has no problem getting spare parts, but I really doubt he can. I will lask him for a parts manual/operator manual and see if he comes up with anything. Here in the philippines it is difficult to get spares for anything as the sellers rarely stock hardly anything in house(even auto dealers). Thanks for the info
Turf Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 11:08 AM   #48
syntax_error
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Liner View Post
These guys are in the Phillipines and appear to be able to source/manufacturer anything needed to rehab the Turf Joys. I tried to get them to ship to the US, but no luck.

https://csbgolfcar.com/EN/product-de...io581vpkh6io58
This is actually from Thailand.
syntax_error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 11:27 AM   #49
syntax_error
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkhauler View Post
I've been running this cart for like 12 years or more... it has been a great golfcart...
The green and red buttons do nothing as far as I have found. The extra key position s do nothing either. Just remember when you turn off the key the rear end locks. This is your parking break and if you turn it off while you are topped out it will come to a sliding stop... its happend to me with a full load and a young kid in the front seat turned it off....
I found a article on the carts years ago that gave some info but no kind of service manual..
When I went around the computer with a throttle cable the computer had the cart wide open, so it was still turning everything on but the throttle was locked..
These carts are governed at 13mph... reads the speed off the rear end gearing..
Mine wl run 23 now but it is idling when I stop so u have to turn off key to kill the motor

Here are the links that might help: (make sure your browser translates the page)

https://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/golfc...lfcar/history/

Check the golfcarts released per year:
https://global.yamaha-motor.com/jp/s...873.1629185378

Parts Catalog:
https://ypec-sss.yamaha-motor.co.jp/...rch/index.html

1. Choose "Golf Car"
2. In the first dropdown, look for G17a (almost at the bottom part) and you'll see all the parts.
syntax_error is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha