lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2021, 11:32 AM   #1
frankthetank
Gone Wild

Default 2015 Yamaha Drive Front End Whirling/Whistling Noise--Aerodynamics Help??

This has bothered me for awhile now and I still haven't narrowed down where exactly the noise is coming from. For the longest time i thought it was just the air catching the open air horns that installed underneath the golf cart. But it is not....I wrapped em up with some saranwrap and took it for a drive and still the noise remains.

It is constant when i get up to about 10mph it begins.....low pitched on the brink of becoming a high pitched whistling whirling/whistling noise.

I do believe i have it narrowed to the front end of the golf cart but no pinpoint.

No clue where to begin but i keep thinking about some sort of plastic skidplate-like air diverter that i could easily attach and install under the front end without interfering with anything and keeping it from being visible in plain line-of-sight.

Has anybody had anything like this bother them enough and figure out some solution? Really don't have a clue on what type of part to even google for this but it is annoying as H$%& and I am finally finished with everything else on this cart and my wife's cart so it will give me a newish golf cart related project.

Please I am open to any reasonable suggestions:-) haha thanks!
frankthetank is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2021, 05:15 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2015 Yamaha Drive Front End Whirling/Whistling Noise--Aerodynamics Help??

Sorry man, never seen that before...
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 06:31 PM   #3
frankthetank
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2015 Yamaha Drive Front End Whirling/Whistling Noise--Aerodynamics Help??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Sorry man, never seen that before...
haha.....drivin me nuts...
Just took it out for a couple hours.

Gonna have to have my wife put her hair in bun and let her hang her head out/down while cruisin...just to tell me I dunno where or what it is.

haha
frankthetank is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha