lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2021, 09:06 AM   #1
R7000
Not Yet Wild

Default Recommendation on Gas Cart?

Hello all, total NOOB here, don't have a cart yet. I'm retired and a long time motorcycle rider, but am looking to transition from MC to something safer like a new cart. Being partial to motorcycles and not wanting to lift heavy batteries for battery changes I'm considering a new Yamaha gas Drive Adventurer Sport 2+2. I live in a large neighborhood with restaurants and grocery stores, and the cart would be used to make short trips to the stores, maybe 2 miles one way (basically screwing off). Won't be used for golf.

Does anyone have any strong feelings one way or the other about Yamaha gas ( or EZ go or Club Car gas for that matter). I'm partial to Honda but since they don't make golf carts Yamaha strikes my fancy.

Advice??

T.I.A.
R7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2021, 09:56 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Recommendation on Gas Cart?

Best advice I can offer, go see and drive all of them (Yamaha, Club Car, and EZGO). Stay away from any other brand.

They all drive and ride somewhat differently. Some are louder some are quieter. Some are faster and some easier to work on than others. With a Yamaha you have the experience and upgradability afforded by www.plowmanscarts.com and he can make it as fast or as torquey as you want. The newer club cars are fuel injected which is nice, until it breaks. Then big bucks to repair it. Same with Yamaha but plowmans offers a carb conversion motor if that should happen... I believe the ezgo S4 still offers the Kawasaki FE motor but the rest of the ezgo line is also now fuel injected.

Some food for thought anyway. Some are roomier than others if you are taller or larger in diameter. Some just seem roomier because if the angle of the seat back rest. Lots of options to consider and everyone has their own opinions, but in the end that’s all they are, opinions. It’s like saying Ford vs Chevy vs Chrysler. Ask 3 different people and you’ll get 3 different answers.

Just to add, I’ve always been a long time gas guy. Always had gas carts and was never a fan of electric carts, even though I’ve had some electric carts that performance wise would put any gas cart I’ve ever owned to shame. Many of the newer electric carts have lithium options, which are FAR lighter and last a long, long time. I now own a club car I’ve put lithium batteries in it, and have a hard time thinking about owning another gas cart. The batteries are only 30lbs each and literally maintenance free. I charge it for a couple hours when it gets low and go a week or two between charging a otherwise. I still enjoy gas but have to admit the near silence of operation and the instant torque afforded by the electric motor, combined with no oil changes, smells, gas, maintenance, etc is quite nice. Just hop in and go when I feel like it. The electric technology has gone a long way, and if you’ve never had a cart before I wouldn’t write off an electric just because the old ones had big heavy batteries you had to change every 5-6 years on average.
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 10:40 AM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I've always been partial to Yamaha carts due to the coil over spring suspension verses the other two brands that use leaf springs.
Yamaha electronics are bullet proof and their engines are very good quality.
That being said, Any of the three that I have owned have only been as good as the maintenance performed on them, how they are used/abused and where they are stored.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 11:27 AM   #4
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

One other note here Yamaha uses their own engines and the brands do not. Ingersoll Rand recently sold the Club Car division. What happens next with the new owner ?
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha