lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2010, 04:07 PM   #1
buick
Not Yet Wild

Default Rough Ride on my Fairplay eve any other owners out there

Just wondering if any other owners of this model feel the cart is very rough riding? I called my dealer and they had other complants about the cart and recomended to pull out the extra 8" spring in the back which I did and helped a little. I runing around 30psi in the tires if I read right it called for 35psi. I use the cart on the coarse and on the road and find it will beat me up on coarse so I use my 2004 clubcar more for that. Thanks for any input you can offer.
buick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2010, 03:54 PM   #2
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: Rough Ride on my Fairplay eve any other owners out there

That is a common complaint with the Chinese carts. They all seemed to be built the same way with enough spring to support a rear seat with the extra weight.
I would take the tire pressures down to around 20-25 PSI for a better ride.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:38 PM   #3
TejasStar
Not Yet Wild

I have a lifted Star and it is sprung far more than it needs to be. I switched the bottom and 2nd from bottom leaves on the front springs and it is much smoother. Also, the stock shocks on mine have very little compression resistance and quite a bit of rebound resistance. I am playing with automotive shocks with good results, but it's hard to have a 900 mile relationship and do a bunch of testing.

Good luck!
TejasStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:34 AM   #4
jantrree
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasStar View Post
I have a lifted Star and it is sprung far more than it needs to be. I switched the bottom and 2nd from bottom leaves on the front springs and it is much smoother. Also, the stock shocks on mine have very little compression resistance and quite a bit of rebound resistance. I am playing with automotive shocks with good results, but it's hard to have a 900 mile relationship and do a bunch of testing.

Good luck!
Keep us posted Tejas. i would like to know what you did and how it affects the ride.
jantrree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:53 PM   #5
GeoJoe
Getting Wild

Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasStar View Post

Good luck!
I'd like to know too Tejas....any pics of the leaves? What brand shocks?
GeoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:32 PM   #6
TejasStar
Not Yet Wild

The shocks are Monroe's. Measure yours and look at the specification chart on Monroe's site to find a close match. No photos, as the cart is in Texas and I'm not. The lifted cart springs that came on mine are very stout and it took 150 pound in the front basket to smooth the front out, which led me to the leaf switch. I had a custom set of front springs made that should be much better that are 3 inches longer to give me more tire clearance and travel. The 22's that came on the cart rub the front fender flares. I'm hoping for a less expensive long travel suspension in the front. I will probably add trailing arms to keep the front springs from folding up. I have put overload shocks on the rear, but need to remove some rear leafs, as it is way over-sprung, but smoother. My goal is more pre-load at a lower spring rate for a compliant and longer traveling suspension.

In other words, I hope it will ride a lot better.
TejasStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:55 PM   #7
patmcfann
Getting Wild

Yamaha

ive had good luck on the chinesseeeeeeeeeeee carts by losing up the nut as far as possible on the rear coil overs. they are setup to be more like a race car setup
patmcfann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:44 PM   #8
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jantrree View Post
Keep us posted Tejas. i would like to know what you did and how it affects the ride.
Who cares about the cart and the springs.....
I'd rather know what the other side of that relationship looks like. 900 miles means she's got to be loaded or a really good looker!

SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay