lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2010, 10:57 PM   #1
dewy
Getting Wild

Default hopefully the last questions i will ever have!!

i posted this already in a different thread, but thought i would post again incase people dont read the other thread.......

went back out today to do a little more work on the cart, figured out the drain plug was missing on the clutch, thats why that was leaking so i fixed that...i went to take it for a little drive and she wouldnt fire up at all... it just kept turning over and would not fire... so i took the spark plug out and poured a little mixed fuel in there and away she went... ran good all day long, even after sitting for 3 hours she would fire right up again.. although everytime i took it for a drive it seemed to run differently every time.. sometimes it would take right off and get up to full speed quickly, sometimes it would run slow, and slowly pick up speed. If it wouldnt go when i hop on, i would give it some choke, but it will never move with the choke on, it just sounds like its slowly dying, but as soon as i take the choke off, the cart takes off.... any ideas as to why it does any of this?

usually when i press the gas it takes about 5 seconds (When its warm) or 10 seconds (When its cold) before it fires up and takes off (the clutch and belts turn right away, and after the 5 or 10 seconds the engine comes to life and it takes off)... is this normal?

is there a way to adjust the throttle cable? i have a little bit of excess throttle cable which causes the throttle lever to stay slightly open when the gas is not pressed, and when i hit the gas the throttle cable will sometimes pop out of the throttle lever becuase it is to long ( to clerify this a little better, when i hit the gas, and the throttle lever reaches full throttle the cable is so long that it sometimes pops out of the hole in the throttle lever in which it sits , and when the gas pedal is not pressed the throttle will not close all the way because the throttle cable is not short enough to pull it all the way shut).. i could always cut the cable to make it a bit shorter, but if theres an adjustment somewhere i would preffer to use that instead, otherwise i might cut it to short, and that wouldnt be good.

i dont know if the inlet control lever was set flush when i installed the carb kit (i think it is, but i forgot to make sure) could this be causing any of these problems? And i dont really know how to set the adjustment screw on the carbs as the golf cart does not idle (it just takes off as soon as the gas is pressed, as its suppose to)... how do you know if the adjustment screw needs to screwed in more or out more? i have just guessed as to where the idle screw should be set, because there has been no real noticable changes after i have unscrewed it a bit or screwed it in a bit (its set at about 1 full turn out)...

im just stumped on this because it will run, it just runs differently every time i jump on it and take it for a spin, and if if sits overnight it wont fire up in the morning but as soon as i dump a little fuel in the spark plug hole, it fires right up and works all day.... i would like to get this thing to the golf course soon and put it to use, but i dont want to take it untill shes running good consistantly... (it runs pretty good no matter what already, just not consistanly great) the gas is fresh and the oil/gas mixture is 1.5 ounces of oil per gallon of gas, so these problems wouldnt be caused by bad gas. it seems to run best with the governer completly removed but once the cart hits just over 3/4 full speed it gets a little vibration, so i set the governer so it reaches its top speed just before the vibration kicks in....im just baffled as to why it runs different everytime i take it for a drive. answers to any of these questions/problems would be great!! im hoping to do the final adjustments on it tommorow, and have it running at optimal performance, then i wont be bombarding this forum with so many questions any more... so if anyone has any helpful answers for me, i would greatly appreciate them!! pictures of the completly finished cart will be posted sometime this upcoming week. (im still waiting on vinyl for the seats)
dewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2010, 01:12 AM   #2
dewy
Getting Wild

Default Re: hopefully the last questions i will ever have!!

Well i worked on the cart for most of the day today, got it running really good!! no more vibration at high speeds (dont know what i did to fix it but its gone) cart fires right up as soon as gas is pressed, all the time... just waiting on vinyl now to complete the project... took a few pics today of the cart... the first 2 pics are of the cart when we first got it, last 3 are the finished project (except seats) its pretty dirty right now, so the pics dont do it justice but it looks a hell of a lot better then it did before!! not to bad for my 1st time ever working on any kind of engine or body!! ...... just curious... what do you think it would be worth?? i dont plan on selling it ever, just would like to see how much $$ people think its worth, and see if all the time and effort put into getting it running and looking decent would pay off if a guy were to sell.... (seats will be red when we get the vinyl, dont know if good looking seats would do much for the value or not)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3762.jpg (73.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3759.jpg (72.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3774.jpg (80.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3776.jpg (137.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3777.jpg (164.6 KB, 14 views)
dewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
jeggers
Gone Wild

Columbia

Default Re: hopefully the last questions i will ever have!!

cool
jeggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson