lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2010, 06:59 PM   #1
Zeusdafreak
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Is the wiring the same when I replace my 48v with the 36v

I replaced the 48v with the 36v and put the wires on the same post orientation and the thing jerks like hell. Either the motor is bad or the wiring should be oriented differently for the 36volt, although I have not read anything about this.

The four posts are in the same exact location and I put the wires back just like the 48 volt was. It this correct. If so I gone to pick up the Plum Quick 48 volt and install it. I just had to ask before I replace this motor if by chance I had done something wrong.
Zeusdafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2010, 07:12 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Is the wiring the same when I replace my 48v with the 36v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeusdafreak View Post
I replaced the 48v with the 36v and put the wires on the same post orientation and the thing jerks like hell. Either the motor is bad or the wiring should be oriented differently for the 36volt, although I have not read anything about this.

The four posts are in the same exact location and I put the wires back just like the 48 volt was. It this correct. If so I gone to pick up the Plum Quick 48 volt and install it. I just had to ask before I replace this motor if by chance I had done something wrong.
As long as you're replacing a series motor (Non Regen) with a 36V series motor the post orientation should be the exact same. What system is your car? Do you have a shift lever or a shift toggle/flipper switch?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:12 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

No .... S1 is still S1 and the same for all of the other cables... You have something else going on with that cart..... my guess is somebody changed the system prior to your getting it that is the second unexplained wierdness
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:19 PM   #4
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeusdafreak View Post
I replaced the 48v with the 36v and put the wires on the same post orientation and the thing jerks like hell.
Jerking is usually a low battery or loose/corroded connection.
I'm a little lost here or not quite up on my mind reading skills, did you change a motor, controller or what?
Also did it work before you did what you did?
What all have you done so far?
Is this a series cart or sepex?
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:30 PM   #5
wilster734
IDK&YDE

Club Car

Is this the 36v motor you asked about in the other post?1012190If it is then Scottyb is right it should wire up S1,S2, but A1 is F1 and A2 is F2 on the 36v,but they work the same. If you did all the wiring correctly and your system is setup correctly it should run fine.Really do not know what to tell you unless what Scotty said is correct and someone has done a rewire and it is not right.
wilster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:43 PM   #6
Zeusdafreak
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

36 volt motor must be bad. The original 48 volt worked fine and I put on the 36 volt and it went crazy. I went and picked up my "Option B" which is a Plum Quick 48 Volt Purple Bandit. I took off the 36 volt and put on the Plum Quick 48v and it works fine. Only issue is when I reattached the battery pack I put on the negative side first and when connecting the positive side of the bank I am got sparking from the connection. I had the key on so I turned it off and no sparking when I attached it. I was nervous about trying it but it works fine. I had never had sparking before until I put on the Plum Quick motor. Any thoughts?

Now as to performance. I hit 20mph in my GPS with my first charge of new batteries. They had dropped to 49.9 volts which is about 75% I guess. Now its time to recharge. Got to do that like 10 mores times. Hopefully I get another 1 or 2 MPH once the batteries break in. I didn't get a chance to check the ohm load on the controller. I will do that part tomorrow.
Zeusdafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car