lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2010, 07:22 AM   #1
GA.NUT
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default compession release ?

Have a 13hp clone new car battery but some time have to turn motor by hand off of compression stroke for elec. starter to turn. cause itll just click whats up..
GA.NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2010, 08:43 AM   #2
GA.NUT
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: compession release ?

So i guess my ? is do these have compression release or could it be improper valve adj. thanks.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:40 PM   #3
Brad
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I had that problem with mine but it turned out to be the battery,tight valves result in loss of compression, My gx390 has a built in release dont know about clones,I'd have the battery tested and work my way from there.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:01 PM   #4
turboaz2
Gone Wild

Have the battery and the starter tested. The clone motors do not have enough charging power to keep a battery charged, unless it is run for long peroids of time with no drains like headlights.

Think of it as a 2-3amp trickle charger. Takes 4-6hrs or more to charge a car battery.

If you use the starter alot it will drain the battery. You probably don't run it enough in between to keep it charged.
turboaz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:13 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

It the lash is really loose it can not release the compression, otherwise if it didn't you would have a hard time turning it by hand with a recoil. Make sure its not the battery/clamps/connections/ground. If you are sure you have enough power at the starter, check the brushes in it.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:55 AM   #6
GA.NUT
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

GOT THE VALVES ADJUSTED and it turns over alot easier now but sounds like a metal on metal clicking sound at full throttle from valves.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps