lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2011, 08:38 AM   #1
citrix_guy
Not Yet Wild

Default Whats a fair price for this G8?

This is a cart I cleaned up and put together a couple of years ago, its now time to upgrade so I need to sell this one. But I have no idea what is a fair price.
Its a 36 V G8
pretty clean, normal scratches and stuff,
customer front bumper
"carbon fiber" dash kit
Head lights and tail lights
the diamond plate on the side etc.
Batteries are 2 Years old and it comes with a 1 year old automatic charger.
The rims and tires will be optional for 200 bucks, if they dont want the rims they get the factory rims with silve hub caps... Ideas? 1200? $1400?
If it helps I am outside of Chicago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00261-20110417-1412.jpg (102.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Side.jpg (140.9 KB, 22 views)
citrix_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #2
trkbilder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Whats a fair price for this G8?

Around here( North Carolina) that cart would go for around $1750. Good looking cart.
trkbilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
Mayfair
Getting Wild

Yamaha

WOW that really is nice!

I guess the G8's are a lot different than my G19 as I see that your forward/reverse is a lever rather than a switch.

I guess it all depends on how quick you need to sell it. People ask 2-3K for a cart, however they wind up sitting on them for a while, whereas the lower priced carts seem to go pretty quick. With that said, I guess it all depends on how fast you want to get rid of it, or how quick you need the money.
Mayfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:44 PM   #4
citrix_guy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayfair View Post
WOW that really is nice!

I guess the G8's are a lot different than my G19 as I see that your forward/reverse is a lever rather than a switch.

I guess it all depends on how quick you need to sell it. People ask 2-3K for a cart, however they wind up sitting on them for a while, whereas the lower priced carts seem to go pretty quick. With that said, I guess it all depends on how fast you want to get rid of it, or how quick you need the money.
Yeah, I am going to move it pretty quick. I am thinking 1500-1700.

Anyway. the G8 is an odd ball. not as many made as the G2s or G9s and they were made between 90 and 94 But they look like the later model Yamahas, unlike the boxier G9s made around the same time. Most cart guys dont think its as old as it is.
citrix_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:14 PM   #5
Mayfair
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I would ask whatever price that you feel comfortable taking INCLUDING the rims and tires, so asking 2k I don't think is out of line at all considering all of the other goodies (newer batts, charger) that come with it.
Mayfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:15 AM   #6
LarryLive
Gone Wild

You know Cit mine is a G8 also with the G19 front cowl and I know mine is lifted and all but I have turned down 3 grand for it many times
LarryLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha