lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2011, 02:46 PM   #1
Alphathump
Not Yet Wild

Default Help with body removal

I have a G22 that I bought and I need to get the body off to install HD springs on the rear. My question is how do you remove the F/R lever and what do you do with the choke? I can't see any way to remove them easily such that the body can slide over them, but I am new at this cart stuff.

I did get some good advice on how to remove the front part, but I'm not sure how to remove the back. How do you remove the inspection cover on the back of the cart? Just pull the plastic plugs and it falls out/off?

Had it a week and already ordered $700 worth of stuff without lift or wheels/tires; this could be expensive.
Alphathump is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
shmo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Help with body removal

INSPECTION COVER:
remove the two screws (or plastic clips) at the bottom of the inspection cover. There are 3 little plastic guides that are part of the body and the cover that you will not be able to see until it is removed. Just grab the inspection cover from the sides, pull and wiggle it straight out towards the rear of the cart. It will come loose.

Sorry I don't know about the F/R switch, but I will after reading your replies...haha

SHMO
shmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:34 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

I'm assuming you already have the top assy off. You dont have to remove the rear body to do the shocks or a rear lift, but it is easier and you can clean up the frame so much better with it off. There will be 2 reusable push pins at the bottom of the service lid, remove them and give the panel a good "tug" towards you. The bag rack frame has 4- 12mm head bolts , remove them and pull the frame out. Remove the 10mm head bolts for the seat hinge brackets. Remove the hex head bolts on the side body. Remove the 2- 10mm head bolts in the bag well. The f/r handle has a spring clip (just like a car door window crank handle (watch it..it could go flying). The choke cable has a plastic unt, just unscrew it. If you want, you can just drill out the pop rivets that hold the plastic inner rear fender panels to acsess the shocks and install the lift component parts. It's up to you witch is best for you. Good luck.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:38 PM   #4
shmo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I'm guessing smallblock450sl will agree with me. You want to remove the body to work on just about anything, especially suspension....WAY easier in the long run.

SHMO
Old 05-13-2011, 06:49 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmo View Post
I'm guessing smallblock450sl will agree with me. You want to remove the body to work on just about anything, especially suspension....WAY easier in the long run.

SHMO
Yes I agree, removeing the body parts makes it so much easier....And then the body parts can go to the painter for the 700.00 paint job Aren't golf cars fun? I think I spent 400.00 putting a V8 in my Vega 35 years ago
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:59 PM   #6
shmo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Man, I wish I could decide on some paint....

SHMO
Old 05-14-2011, 07:53 PM   #7
citrix_guy
Not Yet Wild

removing the F/R lever is easy get down there with a flashlight and look in between the handle and the body (you may have to push on the body a little. there will be a small wire retainer that s in the shape of a C, kinda like a C Clip. You pull this off with needle nose pliers then the handled can be pulled off.

the choke is simple, there is a plastic NUT. you un tighten it and the choke handle will actually push through the hole and into the body.
Once your rear access panel is off and a scree/bolt on each side near the rocker panel you will be able to lift off that body...

Thats how I just did the rear springs on my G22
citrix_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:30 PM   #8
Alphathump
Not Yet Wild

So when you did your rear springs, you didn't remove the body? Were you able to work through the access panel? I didn't get to the springs this weekend; I still have stuff coming and want to work on it all at the same time.

Thanks for the advice on how to get the body off. I think I can get it now and that will make life easier down the road when I have other stuff to do to the cart.

I remember when you could re-build a small block for not much more than $400 if you re-used pistons with oversized rings. Of course, they didn't run for 50,000 miles when you were done either. Ah, the good old days. I once replaced a timing chain on a worn out 327 in a college parking lot.
Alphathump is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha