lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
matt4258
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO, gas in the motor oil???

Hi I am new here and hoping someone could help me. Little backround of my problem: 1997 EZGO gas job TXT 295cc. One day it started running really sluggish. Onced warmed up it would get so bad that it could not move anymore. When going down hill it seems pretty good but as soon as it is under load it boggs right down. Changed gas, oil (oil was milky), plugs, wires, brand new carb (air pin screw on top of old one broke off), air filter, fuel filter. Im getting spark in both plugs and wires. Still no such luck. Now I just noticed it is spewing gas into my air box from my vent tube from the engine. Also my fresh oil is now milky again with gas I believe. I can do basic maintenance but this is boggling me! Anyone have ideas? Would it be head gasket? Thanks!
matt4258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
Phil_R
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO, gas in the motor oil???

Milky looking oil suggests water/condensation in oil. You can smell gas in the oil, oil will noticably thin or appear overfull on dipstick. Short engine runs that don't fully heat the engine will cause condensation to build up in crankcase. Engine needs to run at full temp to keep condensation burned off.
Phil_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:06 PM   #3
matt4258
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Phil, But whats up with the air box being filled with gas? Its spitting out the crank case vent tube into the airbox. When i take the cover off and run it I can see it spitting out. It filled up in a matter of 5 min.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #4
Phil_R
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Sounds like you are getting too much fuel. Clogged air filter, choke not completely open, float level too high, float valve leaking, any of these can cause a too rich mixture.
Phil_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
matt4258
Not Yet Wild

New filters, Brand new Carb, the plugs are nice and golden brown....I do alot of short drives though....as far as condensation in the motor, thats possible...
Old 01-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #6
Vavoomskill
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Intake valves leaking,, valves adjusted too tight.
Vavoomskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #7
matt4258
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vavoomskill View Post
Intake valves leaking,, valves adjusted too tight.
Would this happen all of a sudden after running good for years?
Old 01-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #8
Beaner913
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt4258 View Post
Hi I am new here and hoping someone could help me. Little backround of my problem: 1997 EZGO gas job TXT 295cc. One day it started running really sluggish. Onced warmed up it would get so bad that it could not move anymore. When going down hill it seems pretty good but as soon as it is under load it boggs right down. Changed gas, oil (oil was milky), plugs, wires, brand new carb (air pin screw on top of old one broke off), air filter, fuel filter. Im getting spark in both plugs and wires. Still no such luck. Now I just noticed it is spewing gas into my air box from my vent tube from the engine. Also my fresh oil is now milky again with gas I believe. I can do basic maintenance but this is boggling me! Anyone have ideas? Would it be head gasket? Thanks!
If there is gas in the oil more than likely it getting there from a bad fuel pump. It runs off crank case pressure. When the pump gets old they start to leak fuel back to crank case. But gas will not make the oil milky, just thin and not so lubricating.
Beaner913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #9
Vavoomskill
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt4258 View Post
Would this happen all of a sudden after running good for years?
things have to pick a time to happen... I was referring to gas in the air box. that is normally caused by valve leakage.. bad or adjusted too tight and hanging open when the should be closed.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #10
Vavoomskill
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaner913 View Post
If there is gas in the oil more than likely it getting there from a bad fuel pump. It runs off crank case pressure. When the pump gets old they start to leak fuel back to crank case. But gas will not make the oil milky, just thin and not so lubricating.
I agree!! if there's quantity of gas in the crank case ,, most likely coming from a ripped fuel pump diaphragm.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO