lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2014, 05:44 PM   #1
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

Default Starting issues 94 DS

I have a 94 cc ds that is acting strange. It quit running suddenly going down a bumpy gravel road and then it would not restart. After I cleaned the carb it ran again. I also replaced the fuel pump, fuel line, fuel filter, drained the old gas out of the tank and refilled with new gas. Well its been sitting for a couple weeks as the weather has been too cold to ride. I wanted to get it ready to ride in the snow we are supposed to get tonight but now it wont start again.

When I try to start it by pressing the choke button it wont start. It will only start if I cover the carb inlet with my hand or squeeze the air intake hose shut. Why would this be?
Xtreme Cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2014, 07:16 PM   #2
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Starting issues 94 DS

one of two things check the fuel line first from the carb and pump into a glass jar you should get a good stream squirting if not check for oil in the vac line going to the engine , if thats not the problem pull the carb and check what you have in the bowl you may have got ahold of some of the great ethanol gas that turned and has the bowl filled with water causing the carb to draw gas when you cut off the air and force it to swallow the water to get a little gas to fire over

ps also check that glass jar for gas seperation you'll have milky water on the bottom and gas on top

pure-gAS.ORG PLEASE EVERYONE SAY YOURSELF SOME HEADACHES AND BUY ETHANOL FREE GAS FIND A STATION I KNOW I DRIVE 50 MILES ONE WAY TO GET GAS FOR ALL OF MY SMALL ENGINES
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:52 PM   #3
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

It's not pumping a steady stream of gas. I blew compressed air back through the fuel lines to make sure they weren't plugged. I pulled the pulse line off the fuel pump but couldn't tell anything from it. Just for good measure I blew compressed air through the pulse line into the engine which made the dip stick shoot up and hit me in the face. When I turn the engine over I can tell there is vacuum in the pulse line.

So why would both my old and new fuel pumps stop delivering fuel?
Old 02-16-2014, 04:16 PM   #4
tacomaman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

have you by chance checked the pick up tub coming out of the tank? its possible there is a blockage there.
tacomaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:54 PM   #5
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

yes I did that today. I checked the pickup tube and the elbow that unscrews from the tank. They were clear. I'm mystified at this point. Everything put together, seems like it should be pumping gas.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:22 PM   #6
tacomaman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

well...if your new fuel pump is pumping fuel to the carb...may need to take carb back off and clean it again and make sure the plastic spacer that go to the head isnt cracked.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:01 PM   #7
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

No the fuel pump is not pumping gas. When I disconnect the fuel line from the carb and turn the engine over, no gas comes out. Also the fuel filter is dry.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:20 PM   #8
tacomaman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

sounds like a faulty fuel pump then. i see youve already checked the vacuum line to the motor. these newer plastic fuel pumps we get at the shop arent as good as the older metal ones.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:58 PM   #9
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

Do you ever have to somehow prime the fuel system to get it going? Today I had a similar experience to the club car fuel problem with my John Deere mower. I wanted to see if the mower would start after it had been sitting all winter. There was no fuel in the lines and I could see the filter was empty. No matter how much I cranked the engine over it would not pump fuel. I thought this was the curse of the fuel pumps! It wasn't until I sprayed starting fluid into the carb and the engine fired up that it finally started pumping gas.

I've had the fuel pump from the John Deere which I now know works, installed on the club car and it still didnt run.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:38 PM   #10
tacomaman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Sometimes,I will prime them to get the fuel going quicker. All I do is take the fuel cap off.....put a rag on the hole and blow a little compressed air in until I see it go into the filter that's closest to the carb.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car