lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2014, 11:28 AM   #11
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Hope someone can help!

Mine also has two filters. Most of the tune up kits come with two filters.

Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2014, 11:36 AM   #12
eudemonist
Not Yet Wild

Should be a vent line of fuel tubing coming off the carb, usually tucked into the frame rail. Make sure it isn't clogged.
eudemonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:21 AM   #13
mcushway
Not Yet Wild

Okay guys this is what I have discovered. First I tried your suggestions. I discovered that fuel pump hose going to the crankcase may be losing vacuum. It does have a simply spring clap but it doesn't seem like its tight enough. I will get a regular hose clamp this weekend and getting a tighter fit. In addition, I have found out that whoever the previous owner had working on the cart installed a fuel pump for an ez-go. Not sure that it would make a difference with supply and demand from pump to carb. Will keep everyone posted, hopefully this will help someone else down the road.
mcushway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:52 PM   #14
mcushway
Not Yet Wild

Okay, replaced that spring clamp on the pulse vacuum line at the crankcase. Cleaned diaphram filter on fuel pump. Also, I disconnected the rev limiter and ran the cart for a bit careful not to over rev it. Let it sit for a little while and the same "issue" happened. Checked fuel pump and its working. I have discovered the wire bundle going from the solenoid to the starter/gen has been close to the muffler and has melted the plastic tube/protector their in. Looked at the wires and all are in tact, no damaged insulation on them. So right now I am a bit perplexed. What would heat up and cause little to no spark, but after pumping the gas would fire up and run a short while?
mcushway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:38 AM   #15
illregal
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcushway View Post
Okay, replaced that spring clamp on the pulse vacuum line at the crankcase. Cleaned diaphram filter on fuel pump. Also, I disconnected the rev limiter and ran the cart for a bit careful not to over rev it. Let it sit for a little while and the same "issue" happened. Checked fuel pump and its working. I have discovered the wire bundle going from the solenoid to the starter/gen has been close to the muffler and has melted the plastic tube/protector their in. Looked at the wires and all are in tact, no damaged insulation on them. So right now I am a bit perplexed. What would heat up and cause little to no spark, but after pumping the gas would fire up and run a short while?
The heat could be causing things to expand and then causing the short. I'd repair all those wires, but that definitely sounds like it's the cause of the issue. Even if they look intact, they could be coming in contact or arcing when its hot.
At the very least tape each one up individually so theres no metal showing, and get it away from the exhaust.
illregal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car