lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2021, 09:09 PM   #1
ouchkernel
Not Yet Wild

Default 2021 Lifted Onward Gas should I buy

Hey,

I am pretty close to buying a 2021 lifted onward 4 gas and just wondering if there are any issues I should be aware of? Is it worth purchasing? Is the Kohler engine reliable?

I do live very close to the ocean so the aluminium frame should be a plus.

Thanks.
ouchkernel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 08:02 PM   #2
Saltspray
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2021 Lifted Onward Gas should I buy

If my experience and this forum are any indication, a lot of them are arriving misadjusted. Mine would only hit 17.5 mph and was also not allowing full engine power.

My main headlight harness was also not routed properly and was rubbing on the front shock absorber. I had to re-route the voltage reducer to provide enough slack to properly route the headlight harness.

Additionally, since you mentioned lifted, measure your garage height; they’re very tall. My neighbors lifted CC wont fit in his garage.

If I could do it over, I’d have gone EZGO or Yamaha as I’m not impressed with CC build quality.
Saltspray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 11:35 AM   #3
ouchkernel
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltspray View Post
If my experience and this forum are any indication, a lot of them are arriving misadjusted. Mine would only hit 17.5 mph and was also not allowing full engine power.

My main headlight harness was also not routed properly and was rubbing on the front shock absorber. I had to re-route the voltage reducer to provide enough slack to properly route the headlight harness.

Additionally, since you mentioned lifted, measure your garage height; they’re very tall. My neighbors lifted CC wont fit in his garage.

If I could do it over, I’d have gone EZGO or Yamaha as I’m not impressed with CC build quality.
What did you do to get it above 17.5mph? Thanks for all the input.
ouchkernel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 06:29 AM   #4
Saltspray
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouchkernel View Post
What did you do to get it above 17.5mph? Thanks for all the input.
Adjusted slack out of throttle cable and adjusted governor arm stops to allow full throttle. Both were mis adjusted from new. Symptoms were slow acceleration snd only hitting 17-17.5 on gps.
Saltspray is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car