lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2019, 12:46 PM   #251
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: OBC Bypassing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkwho View Post
Both? I only have the grey sense wire hooked to neg. pack and it seems to be taking a charge -albeit quite slow? Diagram only shows one being jumped? I must have missed this step, but it makes sense.Yes, you need both or if not you are relying on the OBC to complete the Negative circuit as it appears you have only lost the trigger side of the OBC at this time

So this would be on the controller side of the 6 pin plug, not the obc side of the plug as it will be gone? You are correct.
And when I get the Alltrax, that won't be an issue either if I understand correctly?

ok, perfect, thank you.. so yeah, it's either an OBC replacement or the Charger.. Just when I wanted to buy the alltrax instead...lol baby steps I guess. :)
Welcome Murphy! He is always around. ...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2019, 04:36 PM   #252
Clarkwho
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Yes, you need both or if not you are relying on the OBC to complete the Negative circuit as it appears you have only lost the trigger side of the OBC at this time
so, I should let the obc work as is for the time being to let it control the charging while just using the one jumper (to grey)?
Clarkwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 06:28 PM   #253
Clarkwho
Not Yet Wild

Something else I found "interesting"..(so maybe it means something is wrong?)...I jumped the relay in the charger, bypassed the obc..and I could not get the charger to work..even though it worked perfectly the day before.. After retracing my steps and going back and forth on these forums...for some reason I kicked the gas pedal to see see if that would initiate something.. The moment the brake unlocked, it started charging. Is this normal? Seems like it should maybe ONLY charge if brake is locked..
Clarkwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:40 PM   #254
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkwho View Post
so, I should let the obc work as is for the time being to let it control the charging while just using the one jumper (to grey)?
Without the OBC's ability to stop/start the charger, it is not going to charge correctly. I would fully bypass it and then replace it or get the smart charger.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:09 PM   #255
scottieg82
Not Yet Wild

I just finished converting my 2007 club car precedent from 4x12 to 6x8. I took out the obc and connected the blue and white wires, hooked the red wire from the charger to positive battery and the black wire from the charger to the negative battery. It has brand new US batteries (just put them in today )the pack reads 49.2 volts and I get over 48 volts on both sides of the solenoid and at the green and white wires that run to the motor from the controller. What should I look for?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
scottieg82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:32 PM   #256
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Start you a thread down below as it will be easier to answer the issue and not clutter this up. (And I PM'd you u back)
Old 09-10-2019, 05:32 PM   #257
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: How to properly eliminate and remove an OBC???

This is how I recommend doing it if you're not going to ever use the OBC again.

1 - Put tow/run switch in TOW.
2 - Disconnect main positive and main negative battery terminals.
3 - Locate the 10 gauge black wire at the back of the OBC that comes from the charger receptacle. Cut this wire and crimp on a 5/16" 10 gauge ring terminal.
4 - Disconnect the grey wire with the fuse holder from the back of the OBC. Cut this wire off at the back of the charger receptacle, as it will not be used again. Cut the opposite end of the grey wire near the OBC and pull it out of the wire loom entirely, leaving only the 1- gauge black wire mentioned in the previous step. Discard the grey wire.
5 - Remove OBC from the vehicle
6 - Cut the 6-pin connector off of the OBC
7 - Dis-assemble the 6-pin connector that you removed from the OBC and de-pin it, leaving only the white wire and the blue wire in the connector. Put retaining clip and rubber gasket back on the plug
8 - Using a butt-connector or a solder joint, connect the white wire and the blue wire together.
9 - Plug the 6 pin connector back into the wire harness on the car.
10 - Connect the 10 gauge black wire from step 3 to either the B- post of the controller (or negative junction block on DS IQ), or to the main negative battery terminal
11 - Install a new 6 gauge cable from main battery negative to the controller B- terminal. This will replace the wire that was going through the hole in the OBC. You can re-use that same wire if you wish. You'll just have to cut the terminall off of it to pull it through the hole in the OBC and install a new terminal on it in order to re-use it.
12 - Connect positive and negative battery terminals
13 - Flip Tow/Run Switch to RUN.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 03:07 PM   #258
Cagedup
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2008 Club Car Precedent PQ08 electric golf cart and the OBC is bad and trying to decide if I should jump it or replace it. I have the OBC jumped out as well as the relay in my Power Drive 3 charger jumped out just so it will charge. However I am afraid of over charging. I just installed brand new Trojan batteries have no real way to optimize the charging cycles. Should I leave the OBC jumped and get a Club Car smart charger (ERIC) or replace the OBC? Thanks
Cagedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 10:54 PM   #259
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Here is the best charger in the business https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...rger-13-18-amp and here is an OBC https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...nt-2004-2008-5

For ~$130 more, you get the best of the best....
Old 09-21-2019, 02:36 PM   #260
chalupa91
Not Yet Wild

Hello everyone!!! I’ve been through this whole thread and has great information. I do have one question regarding the bypass. I want to remove the obc completely and have a 99 ds series cart. I have already done the black wire at the charging port and yellow wire at solenoid. The wire I have in question is the red wire that goes from obc to controller. Do I just remove the terminal from the controller b+ and move on?
chalupa91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car