lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2020, 08:52 AM   #151
Sergio
Gone Wild
 
Sergio's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 9,334
Default Re: Charging System Troubleshooting

You can put Your voltmeter on the back of that meter to see if it is wired wrong (Your multi-meter would measure the same voltage) or displaying wrong (Your multi-meter gets the correct reading).

Either way You should replace that meter as it is not accurate.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Old 07-20-2020, 04:22 PM   #152
kantuckian
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 597
Default Re: Charging System Troubleshooting

good info
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 06:26 PM   #153
Robynp76
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 2
Default Re: Charging System Troubleshooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
I just purchased a 36v to 12v reducer can i charge my golf cart with this hooked up
Robynp76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 12:55 PM   #154
mikew2069
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 6
Default Re: Charging System Troubleshooting

If you check the voltage from the charge port, should that match the pack voltage? My pack voltage shows 48 but when I check it from the charge port, itís 37.

Also trying to check the charger relay. Instructions say there should be two small posts on the relay to disconnect but mine only has one small post. I removed the two top posts, one small and one big and I'm able to get a voltage reading of 43 when I plug in the charger so I guess OBC is good?

When I plug in the charger, it clicks on, then the breaker on the bottom front left trips and it turns off and never comes back on.

I also tried testing the relay and when I plug the DC cord into the cart and check for AC power coming from the second wire on the relay, I don't not have any power from that cord. Should I replace the relay first or the breaker or both? Or is it the rectifier?
mikew2069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 03:10 PM   #155
mikew2069
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 6
Default Re: Charging System Troubleshooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew2069 View Post
If you check the voltage from the charge port, should that match the pack voltage? My pack voltage shows 48 but when I check it from the charge port, itís 37.

Also trying to check the charger relay. Instructions say there should be two small posts on the relay to disconnect but mine only has one small post. I removed the two top posts, one small and one big and I'm able to get a voltage reading of 43 when I plug in the charger so I guess OBC is good?

When I plug in the charger, it clicks on, then the breaker on the bottom front left trips and it turns off and never comes back on.

I also tried testing the relay and when I plug the DC cord into the cart and check for AC power coming from the second wire on the relay, I don't not have any power from that cord. Should I replace the relay first or the breaker or both? Or is it the rectifier?
Ok seemed to have fixed it by replacing the rectifier. Itís been charging for the past couple hours but the charger stays at Max amps. The pack is slowly climbing. Up to 53 now. Thoughts?
mikew2069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 07:18 PM   #156
Bwentlandt
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 4
Default Re: Charging System Troubleshooting

I have a 2004 48V Club Car with 2-year old batteries. I recently bypassed the OBC and upgraded to a smart charger but now have no get-up-and-go and if the lights are on, pressing the accelerator kills them.

I've tested the batteries and have just under 9v from five of the batteries and 6.2 from one of them (51v across all six). Whats a good next step for troubleshooting?
Bwentlandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 09:55 AM   #157
Banshee01
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 11
Default Re: Charging System Troubleshooting

Hi, I have a 2010 Transporter 4 48v club car.

Charger kicks on 10amp baterries have 55 volts while charging but my battery status light never goes up. It will go down while driving. Only way to reset it is the disconnect the ground then recconect

OBC is brand new and so are batteries. Was having this problem before changing out both
Banshee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 09:59 AM   #158
Sergio
Gone Wild
 
Sergio's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 9,334
Default Re: Charging System Troubleshooting

Make sure the red wire from the charger receptacle is connected to the pack positive battery post (the same post with the cable that goes to the Solenoid).
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 09:00 AM   #159
Banshee01
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 11
Default Re: Charging System Troubleshooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Make sure the red wire from the charger receptacle is connected to the pack positive battery post (the same post with the cable that goes to the Solenoid).
Was this directed at me?

My club cars have a light blue wire at the positive on the pack positive battery that goes through a fuse then to the 48v to 12v reducer
Banshee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 09:17 AM   #160
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!
 
NoleFan4Ever's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 17,345
Default Re: Charging System Troubleshooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwentlandt View Post
-snip-
I've tested the batteries and have just under 9v from five of the batteries and 6.2 from one of them (51v across all six). Whats a good next step for troubleshooting?
Replace the one battery with a good used equivalent battery. It is killing your pack on load and demand.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Yamaha G9A electrical system troubleshooting Gas Yamaha
2006 DS IQ charging troubleshooting help Electric Club Car
charging system Gas EZGO
'96 TXT Ignition system troubleshooting Gas EZGO
batt / chg system troubleshooting Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. © 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.