lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2021, 09:31 AM   #1
lostinthenet
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2008 Ez go TXT does not like climbing hills

I have a 2008 ezgo txt that does not want to go up moderate hills. I have done the following and have not as of yet found the issue. Goes very well on the flat. But does not like climbing hills and will slow to a stop. Double pumping the pedal to the floor helps but am looking for help.
Here is what I have done thus far. I have replaced the battery connecting straps cables with 4awg ones and replaced the battery's. the controller that is under the seat is marked Curtis PMC P/n 73326G07. There was nothing plugged into the socket there But i bought a hill climb jumper that I Tried and it did not seem to help. I then plugged in the speed jumper it doesn't seem to help either but the cart did go faster but did not seem to engine brake.
lostinthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2021, 10:25 AM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: 2008 Ez go TXT does not like climbing hills

How old are your batteries?
When was the last time the brushes were replaced?
Need one or both I'm betting.....
If you replace brushes, polish the commutator as well.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 10:48 AM   #3
lostinthenet
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Battery's were replaced October 2020. I have never replaced the brushes or know if they were replaced. I just bought the cart last October. So I will now try the brushes.
Old 05-10-2021, 07:01 PM   #4
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Trouble shoot batteries before going any further. Doubt motor brush’s are issue.
Post pack voltage after charger shuts off and cart not used for 10-12 hours. Also what each batteries voltage is.
Jonnie B posted great batterie state of charge charts in battery stickies on this site.
Next using( volt meter) tell us what voltage drops to when driving. Also specific charge useing hydrometer. Inexpensive at most auto parts stores that gives specific gravity ( relation of battery acid to water in battery.)
Are you original buyer of batteries and know how they were maintained ?

Unless you have a severe braked dragging problem. You are describing classic battery or battery charging issue.
What make charger? Do you charge after every use? Batteries water level correct? . Sorry for basic questions but need to know these to help 😊😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 10:29 AM   #5
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

This is the mentioned soc chart fm JohnnieB:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SoC vs Voltage - Trojan Battery.JPG (56.9 KB, 0 views)
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 12:00 PM   #6
2Goat
Not Yet Wild

That chart has some very useful info!
2Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 01:00 PM   #7
lostinthenet
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the information. After the cart sits for a week the battery pack total measured 37.40. the battery's by them selves measured 6.231,6.221,6.255,6.219,6.248,6.221. after 3 trips around the campground. the battery voltage was 36.78 and induvial battery's 6.119,6.124,6.121,6.117,6.116,6.122. I did not measure what it was when it was in use will need to do that. water level is topped off. I have not purchased a hydrometer. The charger that I am using is the one that came with the cart its a Powerwise. 36 volt charger. I forgot to take a picture of the case. for the model number. Its a black case and has an analog meter.
Old 06-17-2021, 01:15 PM   #8
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Is cart lift with 23" tires by chance? Are you letting the charger fully charge your batteries? That would be charging the batteries to 44-46v then shutting off?
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 05:00 PM   #9
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinthenet View Post
Thanks for the information. After the cart sits for a week the battery pack total measured 37.40. the battery's by them selves measured 6.231,6.221,6.255,6.219,6.248,6.221. after 3 trips around the campground. the battery voltage was 36.78 and induvial battery's 6.119,6.124,6.121,6.117,6.116,6.122. I did not measure what it was when it was in use will need to do that. water level is topped off. I have not purchased a hydrometer. The charger that I am using is the one that came with the cart its a Powerwise. 36 volt charger. I forgot to take a picture of the case. for the model number. Its a black case and has an analog meter.
Wonder how long "3 trips around campground" is? Do you have a digital voltmeter on dash? If not, get one. Best way to keep eye on battery state. After full charge (8-10 hours), voltage should be around 38.2 volts. When driving, voltage should drop "around 10%", depending on battery age. Of course, there are variables, such as steep hill, bunch of fat people....you get the idea.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 09:11 AM   #10
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

when you started you were at 80%. You said the cart sat for a week, so it sounds like you fully charged the batteries and unplugged the charger (or the charger shut off).

The batteries will self discharge, but 20% in a week sounds like way too much. So it makes me think your batteries were not fully charged from the start. Charge them fully then disconnect the charger and let it sit several hours. After it sat several hours then measure the voltages.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO