lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2021, 04:12 PM   #1
stapes1962
Not Yet Wild

Default 01 TXT suddenly stops hard and beeps 3 times

ok, recent purchase of 01 txt , pds ezgo..I can be driving and it suddenly stops hard and beeps 3 times, but then I can take right off again. batteries after a few hour charge full bank about 42 volts, aftere running a while still around 39 volts, I also put a load tester on them and all tested good , just on the lower side of good.. they are 2017.. So I have been all over the older posts about this but not yet found a good diagmosis or fix.. I put it in code check mode and got no beeps for any code probs.. I did go ahead and bypassed the reed switch, have replaced the battery cables.. after a short trip when it did this 3 times, I got back and felt around the controller to see if anything might be abnormally hot, only the solenoid was very warm to the touch.. So Im not sure when I should go next??
stapes1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2021, 04:40 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 01 TXT suddenly stops hard and beeps 3 times

The PDS controller (Curtis 1206MX) does a hard stop and beeps rapidly when the F/R is switched or the key turned off while cart is moving. If you closely at the attached drawing, you'll see that the logic voltage starting at the batteries main positive terminal, via the white charge cable and going through the reed switch and other switches is being interrupted when F/R is switched or Key is turned off, so a loose connection or intermittently broken wire just about anywhere in the wiring harness will produce the same results.

If nothing looks iffy, try unplugging all the connectors and spray clean them.

Also, monitoring the voltage on the yellow wire at the solenoid while jiggling the wiring harness might show a voltage loss. It only takes a split second voltage loss to trigger the rapid stop.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Voltage paths to solenpoid highlighted.jpg (143.3 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 04:43 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Might be a good idea to shift the F/R to neutral while doing about 5MPH. That'll show you what the cart does and should tell you if the problem you are having is related.
Old 06-18-2021, 04:51 PM   #4
stapes1962
Not Yet Wild

ok johnnie, thx, I will give those ideas a try, and post my findings
Old 06-18-2021, 04:57 PM   #5
stapes1962
Not Yet Wild

oh, and just so Im clear.. the fact that I bypassed/removed the reed switch, and the problem is still there.. that just determines that the reed awitch was not causing this problem, correct?
Old 06-18-2021, 07:04 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by stapes1962 View Post
oh, and just so Im clear.. the fact that I bypassed/removed the reed switch, and the problem is still there.. that just determines that the reed awitch was not causing this problem, correct?
Correct. The reed switch is just the first switch in a string of switches in a series loop.
Old 06-19-2021, 06:57 AM   #7
AlexYannoulatos
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I had the exact same issue. I Opened the controller just to have a general check and found a faulty wire. Will try upload a pic.
AlexYannoulatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 06:59 AM   #8
AlexYannoulatos
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AlexYannoulatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 12:01 PM   #9
stapes1962
Not Yet Wild

interesting, I did as suggested above and put my meter across several of the wires till I got a reading, then pushed, pulled and jiggled everything to see if it ever momentarily dropped off, but it never did.. Its a tight area, so I may go back and see if I can get a closer look around, Thanks
Old 06-19-2021, 12:21 PM   #10
stapes1962
Not Yet Wild

also curious, when I press the pedal should I be able to hear a click from the solenoid? It seems like previous carts I always did, but didnt know if on some carts you might not hear that click coming from the solenoid?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO