lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2008, 09:41 AM   #1
jillk60517
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy '03 EZ PDS; New Batteries; Intermittent stops

We were driving our cart around half speed last night when it just came to a stop. Pressed the pedal, nothing. Put it in reverse, the reverse beep noise sounded, were able to sluggishly reverse, put it back in FWD and nothing. Turned off the key. Turned it back on, nothing. Reversed; worked. FWD suddenly worked like nothing went wrong. Lots of power - nothing seems wrong with the brand new trojan batteries; new wire from controller to main batteries. Drove around again, half speed; happened exactly the same way again. Both times driving on very slight incline, grass. 3 adults on the cart.

???
jillk60517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2008, 09:48 AM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: '03 EZ PDS; New Batteries; Intermittent stops

Welcome to BGW Jill!

If you just replaced all the batteries and cables you need to double check them again. They WILL get loose after a short period of time...especially right after they have been replaced. If you need to, Loosen a nut...wiggle the cable a little...then tighten the nut back up.

One other thing. Is this a lifed cart? The PDS controller is not well suited for use in a lifted cart. The cart needs more amps after lifting and the PDS controller can't deliver it. Some people have years of trouble free life and others won't make it the first test run after installing a lift and larger tires. 4 gauge cables help with the situation.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:37 AM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum jillk60517..................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 12:04 PM   #4
jillk60517
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: '03 EZ PDS; New Batteries; Intermittent stops

What a wonderful board! Thanks for the welcomes and speedy response. Yes,it is lifted and has big tires (see photo below if that helps in description of what's on it). It worked well all last year but this year it we had troubles in the spring when we went to use it - that's why new batteries and cable. Was working for the past month no problem. I'll try to tighten down all the nuts on the battery posts again.

Do you think the driver doing half-speed has ANYTHING to do with it? Everytime I drive I floor it. Never did a leisurely cruise before last night.

Thank you and if you think of any other things that might work, please let me know.

jill

Lifted ezgo cart

Last edited by jillk60517; 06-15-2008 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: Add picture
Old 06-15-2008, 12:27 PM   #5
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Half speed "shouldn't have anything to do with it. The only thing that "might" be happening is the controller is getting hot. When it acts stupid again feel the controller and cables and see if anything is getting hot.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:36 PM   #6
jillk60517
Not Yet Wild

After I installed the 6 brand new trojans, during the test spin one of the posts melted, yes completely melted to a puddle on top of the battery. The cable was really hot. This is when I discovered the cable was bad. Cable was replaced and last night when it died the first thing I did was feel the controller and cables as you suggest; it was cool to the touch. I guess I'll have to wait for it to happen again - I tightened everything as suggested but nothing felt at all loose. Hope I don't konk out too far from home some day. Thank you for your time and help. :)

jill
Old 06-15-2008, 02:43 PM   #7
roady89
nimda
Club Car

So it is working "right now"? Let us know how it goes.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:17 PM   #8
jillk60517
Not Yet Wild

Yes, after just a minute of stall, it started ot work; that's what happened both times.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:19 PM   #9
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Do you still have the cover on your controller? You can put the cart into diagnostic mode and it will "blink" codes at you. It should show you on the cover what the codes mean.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:57 PM   #10
jillk60517
Not Yet Wild

taking it for another test now. thanks for the info about the diagnostic codes; I didn't know that.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO