lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2016, 05:58 PM   #1
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Ezgo PDS upgrade

I will show basic electronic upgrades and install here on a typical CL find.
Subject is a 2007 Ezgo TXT PDS from Craigslist.
Dead charger and batteries.
Actually 2 dead chargers so both went in the trash.

I will use an Alltrax XCT400 control with Shift on the fly personality switch
SW180 200 amp solenoid with magnetic break outs
4g cable set (custom)
6/8v batteries for 48v operation
And I will start with the stock motor.

My first choice for Charger is the DPI Accusense but I have recently removed the receptacle and 48v charger from my 2010 TXT48 (lester on-board charger project featured in another thread) so that triangular shaped receptacle will go into this cart.

Battery pack held 1.5 volts upon arrival. I plugged in my force start Lester 36v charger. Every shop should have a 'jumpered' charger that will start on a dead pack for service calls.
The jump charge brought the pack to 40v quickly so I jacked a rear wheel off the deck and tested Forward and reverse. Both directions worked so we know the cart is operational. After 45 minutes of 25 amp charge the pack read 33 v - She's toast. Called the battery guy, he will be here in the AM.

So I began stripping the battery bay. Removing a rat's nests of aftermarket light wiring. Previously connected to 2 6v batteries
Removed the battery hold down and cables.
Removed the controller cover
Unplugged all the controller plugins and disconnected high amp and low amp wires and cables.
NOTE: Be sure to tag, photograph, and diagram where wires went so you can easily ID where small wires and big cables were originally. This is very important unless you can do this stuff in your sleep it will bite you in the but if you think you can remember where the red wire went. Believe me we see it here everyday
Removed solenoid with bracket and controller.....found enough dirt to plant potatos under the controller heat sink.

Hosed down the battery bay and cart. Nothing crazy. Just got the bulk off of it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS2007.0.jpg (47.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PDS2007.1.jpg (44.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PDS2007.2.jpg (34.8 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO