lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2021, 07:21 AM   #371
m&ksmith
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: OBC Bypassing

One more thing I put the gray and black wire from the charging port to the Pak neg. and my charger will not com on but it does work on other carts. Is there anything i need to do or try
m&ksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2021, 10:42 AM   #372
pchop4life
Not Yet Wild

Hi I have a 1999 club car DS 48v. I completed the OBC Bypass with the plug in play kit.. now my solenoids won't click and the cart won't move. The Summit Charger is working and has charged...now I cannot get the cart to move. The OBC has been removed from the cart. Any help would be appreciated
pchop4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 07:32 PM   #373
snoop911
Gone Wild

Club Car

[QUOTE=snoop911]I know you removed your OBC but when you removed the BMS what did you do with these wires

2012 Club Car Precedent

I need help with a few wires that I don't know what to do with
I am installing an extreme team lithium set up with an onboard charger (120 volts)

Pic 1. When I remove the BMS what do I do with this black bullet connector ?
Pic 2. What is the blue pigtail for ?
Pic 3. What is the red to pink connectors for ?
Pic 4. What is the white 4 prong plug for ?
Pic 5. When I remove the BMS do I plug this back in after I cut it

any help will do I am almost their I just need to clean up some wires and I am completely removing my BMS since the pack has on Extreme Team pack has one built in

thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pic 1.jpg (103.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Pic 2.jpg (108.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Pic 3.jpg (78.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Pic 4.jpg (101.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Pic 5.jpg (63.3 KB, 0 views)
snoop911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 09:38 AM   #374
Lilb1966
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

These are awesome posts.
I think they will help me out too.
Lilb1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 09:45 PM   #375
Jim Rat
Not Yet Wild

Upgrading my 2006 DS to Lithium batteries and need to add a bypass around the OBC for the new charger. My source has told me all I need to do is add a wire from the black connection on the back of the receptacle to main negative terminal. No need for any wire cutting. This added loop or circuit allows the new charge to measure the battery pack voltage.
Is this correct? is this all that is required. It would leave the OBC system intact…

Thanks for the feedback
Jim Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 08:28 AM   #376
PatrickRideRed
Not Yet Wild

Hey guys I'm new to the group. I've just gone through all 38 pages and I really couldn't makeup a complete answer for my question. So here it goes:

I have a 2002 Club Car DS Series cart 48v.
I'm in the middle of installing a 600amp Alltrax controller, plum quick motor and a Summit 2 charger.

I would like to completely remove the obc. So with the above information of controller & Summitt smart charger, how do I complete the bypass? Thanks for any help!
PatrickRideRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 05:07 PM   #377
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRideRed View Post
Hey guys I'm new to the group. I've just gone through all 38 pages and I really couldn't makeup a complete answer for my question. So here it goes:

I have a 2002 Club Car DS Series cart 48v.

I'm in the middle of installing a 600amp Alltrax controller, plum quick motor and a Summit 2 charger.

I would like to completely remove the obc. So with the above information of controller & Summitt smart charger, how do I complete the bypass? Thanks for any help!
Depends on how you plan to use the Lester Summit II?

1. If you are connecting to the batteries with ring tongue terminals - unplug the OBC and connect the yellow wire from the solenoid to pack negative.

2. If you are using the charging port - do the above and connect the black wire on the charging port to pack negative.
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 05:16 PM   #378
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Rat View Post
Upgrading my 2006 DS to Lithium batteries and need to add a bypass around the OBC for the new charger. My source has told me all I need to do is add a wire from the black connection on the back of the receptacle to main negative terminal. No need for any wire cutting. This added loop or circuit allows the new charge to measure the battery pack voltage.
Is this correct? is this all that is required. It would leave the OBC system intact…

Thanks for the feedback
What drive system does it have Series or Sepex? (i.e.: Forward/Reverse paddle or switch?) Regardless of drive system; there is more to it than your source suggested.

Also, how do you plan to connect the charger? Via the charging port, or directly to the batteries?
Old 10-06-2021, 07:24 PM   #379
Jim Rat
Not Yet Wild

“What drive system does it have Series or Sepex? (i.e.: Forward/Reverse paddle or switch?) Regardless of drive system; there is more to it than your source suggested.

Also, how do you plan to connect the charger? Via the charging port, or directly to the batteries?”

Thanks for the reply DaveMJ

I have the series paddle switch for forward/reverse. My charger comes with a CC plug which I would like to use but realize I could modify to attach directly to main terminals if needed.
Jim Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 09:47 PM   #380
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Rat View Post
“What drive system does it have Series or Sepex? (i.e.: Forward/Reverse paddle or switch?) Regardless of drive system; there is more to it than your source suggested.

Also, how do you plan to connect the charger? Via the charging port, or directly to the batteries?”

Thanks for the reply DaveMJ

I have the series paddle switch for forward/reverse. My charger comes with a CC plug which I would like to use but realize I could modify to attach directly to main terminals if needed.
See my response to RickRideRed above.

Sent using Tapatalk
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car