lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2010, 07:22 PM   #11
1999flhrci
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: gc8 sams club batteries vs trojans t875

Do the math. Two and a half years with the Sams or 5-6 years with the trojans. It's a nobrainer.
1999flhrci is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2010, 08:07 PM   #12
sunking
Gone Wild

Rolls Surrette has even better than Trojan, Crown, and US Battery. 7 to 10 year life with proper car.
sunking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:23 AM   #13
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

I bought some "Sams 8v" batteries 15-18 months ago. They still perform well. I can't maintain batteries as I should because I keep the cart 180 miles away from home. When I arrive where cart is I plug in charger and the next morning I ride all day with no problems(cart in not constant use). Batteries may die next time I use cart, but as of now , batteries are performing well.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:26 AM   #14
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Plus, have you read the recent post about cart manf. not using Trojan batteries anymore???
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:04 PM   #15
dtkana
Gone Wild
Club Car

OK this was driving me crazy about my Interstate/Not Interstate batteries from Sams. I just pulled the "Powerfast" "Built By Interstate" label off of my Sams battery and found "Workoholic by Interstate". I think this is an Interstate battery. Correct?
dtkana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:11 PM   #16
impalass88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtkana View Post
OK this was driving me crazy about my Interstate/Not Interstate batteries from Sams. I just pulled the "Powerfast" "Built By Interstate" label off of my Sams battery and found "Workoholic by Interstate". I think this is an Interstate battery. Correct?
Yes, Workaholic is an Interstate battery. I am pretty sure these are the U2200 and are made by US Batteries. Those are pretty good batteries, not quite as good as the Crown or upper level US Batteries, but descent. You should get good life from them with good maintenance and charging practices. Remember a battery is only as good as the way you take care of it.
impalass88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:54 AM   #17
Wazzey
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by impalass88 View Post
I just bought new batteries for my cart and I bought Crown Baatteries. I talked with the battery wholesaler and he told me some very interesting things. Now he sells Crown, Trojan, and US Batteries (Interstate is a US Battery re-badged) so he has no ties to one or the other. These 3 companies are the premier golf cart battery companies. He said Crown is the battery that has excelled in the last few years and Trojan has lost some of their quality. They are finding the Trojan's to not last like in the past. He said they are starting to cut corners to lower their price to produce. Crown, he said, has really stepped up to the plate is currently making the best golf cart battery available. Another thing he told me is every month they get ratings from the Battery Council and every month Crown rates as one of the top's 5 consistently. He also told me the guy who invented the T-105 Trojan (the first and the flagship battery for golf carts) left the company and started US Batteries, so I would guess they know what they are doing over there too.

This is info that came from a guy who has sold batteries for over 20 years and really knows his stuff. So it's your call, but I put my money in Crown's.
I've heard the same thing from my local battery dealer. I run 2002 club cars, and I got a letter in the mail saying that they no longer put trojans in their cars anymore. The battery dealer has had nothing but problems with the new trojan batteries and since they were taking such a hit on them because of the failure rate at large golf courses, they quit dealing in them all together. He said club car has grilled crown batteries and their process for making them during the switch.

He is stearing me toward the crown CR-165 8v's.

I put some of the energizer batteries from sams in my cars, and I think I will be lucky for them to last through this year just because of the lack of performance that I have seen after half a years use. Mine run a lot tho so I don't know about casual use with the energizer batteries.
Wazzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #18
dawghouse
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

the sams bats are now East Penn sold as Duracell it has good data. and they sell for $88 thay are GC8 they are Deka pro master relabel as Duracell http://www.dekabatteries.com/assets/base/0248.pdf
dawghouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:52 AM   #19
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

ok i just went thur this again this weekend, the guys cart has four 3 year old Trojens and two 2 year old US batteries 8 volt...........cart has been sitting for 15 months untouched and uncharged.........all 6 needed water so i filled all of them with water and bottom line is i had to put a 12 volt charger on each one but i got all 4 trojens back to seven volts and the newer US batts. junk...............i even tried slowly at 2 amps and than a 6 volt charger but there was no getting anywhere with them......thats the difference........as long as things are ok cheaper batteries are ok but when it hits the fan i can always get a trojen back enough to at least deal with it but the cheaper batts no way.........and for my carts thats why i won,t buy a US battery or a energizer, or sears, or wally world.........way to many times i have seen these batteries at under 2 years old that were shot.....granted it was always the owners fault for not doing some maintence but with the trojens you can get away with it.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:08 PM   #20
Hemi_JJ
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

ImpalaSS88 - I'm looking for batteries for my stock CC 48V in the GR area. My car is a 99 and came to me with the original Trojans that are finally toast. Are the CR-165's the best option for a stock run around the neighborhood cart? If so, where do you get them locally and what do you pay? Thanks!

Hemi_JJ
Hemi_JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car