lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2019, 02:53 PM   #1
Tobywrangler
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 07 YDRE Need assistance with Troubleshooting

I need some assistance with why our 07 G29 will not go. Cycling the tow/run switch will sometimes allow the cart to lunge forward but stops. Below are some of the steps I have taken along with the readings.

1. Battery Voltage 50.6V
2. Solenoid does not click when I switch it to run mode.
3. Key on, battery voltage on meter says full.
4. Back up beeper comes on when F/R is toggled to reverse.
5. Verified voltage between Battery - and solenoid positive (big terminal) 50.6V
6. Measure voltage between Battery - and the opposite solenoid big terminal and I get 49.8V. The accelerator pedal has not yet been depressed and I would expect to have seen zero voltage at this point. If I rock the cart back and fourth (Run mode / Key either on or Off) the solenoid will click on and off along with the voltage going from zero to full battery power. No voltage present at smaller solenoid posts.
7. When I depress the accelerator, the battery voltage can be seen on the smaller solenoid post.
8. I can here solenoid click when I switch to Tow mode.

Where should I look next?
Tobywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha