lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2016, 06:27 PM   #41
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: building a g1 mini car need some advice

You can blow through the pump from tank to carb, they will gravity feed if fuel is higher than carb, you can test it that way, it wont let fuel go other way. Usually the top one is the pulse. G2/9 that way but long time since I worked on a G1. Pulse goes to the crank case fitting.

The oil tank overflow goes to the trans case plug, that is in case it overflowed it didn't puke on the golfcourse, but is confusing.

You can put a sharp 90 on the exhaust but try to keep the diameter and length the same to not change tuning of the pipe. It will still run if you don't. I might run better if you shorten it up but not sure, likely not a huge difference either way.

Really nice project! The still have those cars at Michigan adventure.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2016, 07:16 PM   #42
badbowtie
Getting Wild

Yea that is where I am pretty confused I the fuel pump on that is mounted to rear end has three fittings and not sure where each line goes and tank will not be mounted higher than carb. I am not sure which ports on motor at crank go to where.
badbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 04:52 PM   #43
badbowtie
Getting Wild

Okay for a update I got the fuel lines all figured out today and got it running I need to adapt the throttle cable to the carb next so I can actually play with it and see how it is doing. I am looking for some pictures of brackets for ideas on how to hook the throttle cable straight to the carb. I also will have to locate a longer throttle cable. Has anbody bought one that is longer that will hook to the gas pedal?
Old 02-10-2016, 06:01 AM   #44
badbowtie
Getting Wild

I have a 100" throttle cable ordered hope I will have it in a day or two and get that all figured out. I am going to try to get the new brake cable brackets made to hold the rear cables since I turned the the rear axle.
Old 02-21-2016, 07:54 PM   #45
badbowtie
Getting Wild

Got allot done this week and today and got it back down on the ground and got it running and drove it around the front yard today what a blast this thing will be when done. I need to still make mounts for the body to rest on and make a seat. I also need to fab exhaust I guess I need to bend up some exhaust and it looks to be 1.5" inside size I also am looking for ideas on a muffler to use. Please let me know what you recommend for muffler. Thanks more pictures and video coming soon.
Old 03-05-2016, 04:08 AM   #46
MILLERTIME
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I like it.
MILLERTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha