lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2016, 11:38 AM   #1
wildcat8466
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 oil pump

New to this, but need info on how to tell if my oil pump is working?? I have a 1986 G1 sun classic. oil and gas are in separate containers. I have not used a whole tank of gas and it looks like the oil has not moved ?? what can I do to make sure everything is working?? Cart runs great.
wildcat8466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2016, 03:17 PM   #2
fredstev
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 oil pump

I don't know either. I'm new here also, and have a new to me 1989 G1 That is still using the oil injection pump. Sure would be nice if there was a little green light on the console that said "Oil injection working". Ha, ha. Right. We'll probably have people suggest that we disconnect it and go to pre-mix.
fredstev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 03:34 PM   #3
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

One way is to premix (100:1) a secondary container and hook it up to carb and let it gravity feed block up the rear end then pull off oil line at carb and run it and watch it keep in mind they use little oil so it make take awhile... To be on the safe side and not worry about just unhook it and premix your fuel I did and a lot of other people on here did because when they do fail you don't know it until it's to late I run mine at 100:1 for the last two summers will a lot golf rounds still running like a champ
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 03:48 PM   #4
fredstev
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Not a bad idea on the second container. I'll be pulling the carb off next spring to give it a cleaning, and I may change to 100:1 premix than. I'll also replace the neoprene boot between the carb and the reed plate, it is badly cracked and weatherchecked.
fredstev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:19 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The normal rate of oil use is 1 tank of oil to 10 tanks of gas. Very slow consumption rate. I also agree with the idea of using a small amount of premixed fuel to run it and see if you can detect some oil coming out of the small oil line near the carb inlet.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha