lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2016, 04:07 PM   #1
jpat08
Not Yet Wild

Default 09 g29 will not start

I have a 2009 Gas G29. The cart will crank over but will not start. meaning it will not move the cart. I am not sure why it is doing this. The cart has been sitting for a few years and I just now am starting to learn about golf carts. I have replaced the solenoid and installed a new battery. I took the carburetor off and cleaned it the best I could. It does not make a difference if I pull the choke or not. Any help would be appreciated.
jpat08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2016, 04:53 PM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: 09 g29 will not start

The carb should be fully disassembled for cleaning. Are you getting gas to the carb?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G29 carb.jpg (47.4 KB, 0 views)
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 06:01 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

In this situation, the first thing I do is to check the throttle shaft is moving, could be a broken accelerator cable.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:14 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
In this situation, the first thing I do is to check the throttle shaft is moving, could be a broken accelerator cable.
Dang, he's good... If the carb is opening as the throttle is pressed, then spray a shot of a flammable carb & choke cleaner (or brake cleaner) into the carb to see if it fires up then. If it fires up with its newly added fuel source, you know its lacking fuel from its normal source. If not, it has no spark. If you find it has no spark, try unplugging the plug at the base of the front of the motor (blue & black wires), that will allow the ignition system to be "always on". Still no spark? Bad TCI (coil). Hey, have you tried a new spark plug (NgK BPR2ES)?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha