lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2018, 02:52 PM   #1
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default To much slack

Hey guys sorry for so many help questions but one leads to another, I have done a spend spring upgrade and know I have about half inch of slack in my throttle cable and tightening it seams not enough either how do I fix this
nitro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2018, 02:56 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: To much slack

Check your adjustments. You can adjust it in the rear at the governor as well as up front at the pedal. There should be a little "play" that allows everything to "rest" but not really "slack". There's 10mm (i believe) nuts on the brackets, and the end of the cable is threaded that allows the adjustment to tighten/loosen the cables.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 03:40 PM   #3
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

There are 2 10mm nuts in the back but one unscrew and the other turns my cable how if that snaps or???
Old 05-30-2018, 03:47 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

The nut furthest away from the bracket is a lock nut. It keeps the other but from spinning. The one closest to the bracket sets the cable length to add/remove slack from the cable. If it's a little tight to turn hold the end of the metal threaded part with some voice grips to break it loose. From there it should spin pretty easily. Use that to set the cable length and remove the slack as necessary, then snug the 2nd nut down on top of it to hold the setting
Old 05-30-2018, 06:07 PM   #5
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I pulled the cover where my gas and brake pedal is located and pushed it all the way forward and on the back above the tranny I moved it back to pull more, well story short It did not work still to much slack I guess and only goes 1mph.... what to do from here ?
Old 05-30-2018, 06:19 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I'd undo the "spring upgrade" you did and putnt back the way it was. Doesn't sound like much of an upgrade lol

Or bypass the governor all together and run the throttle cable straight to the carb.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:25 PM   #7
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Yea I think I’m just going to make a bracket that re locates the cable, only problem I have is it has slack and not pulling the gov all the way back only few centimeters
Old 05-30-2018, 07:54 PM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I would just run thr throttle cable straight from the gas pedal to the carb. If my kids and wife didn't drive the cart that's what I would do on mine. But with them driving it, I'd surely be getting the call "the golf cart is in the middle of the field when you get home. I dont know what happened it just made a hunchnifnnoise and stopped running and now it is stuck"
Old 05-31-2018, 06:33 AM   #9
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Your old cables may be stretched. It happens. New cables aren't that expensive, and you'll probably never have to worry about them again.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 06:36 AM   #10
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro1 View Post
Yea I think I’m just going to make a bracket that re locates the cable, only problem I have is it has slack and not pulling the gov all the way back only few centimeters
You shouldn't have to reinvent the wheel to make this right.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha