lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2010, 10:08 AM   #1
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Rev limiter 98 CC (or lack thereof)

I was just reading a post by Joe1992 who was searching for his RPM limiter without success and guess what ? I have the same issue with a 98 CC. I installed a tach for a friend and did the usual tricks re the rod length, governor etc but the limiter is kicking in at around 2500 RPM's. I went to remove the limiter ground wire and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, there is no limiter where it normally resides (bolted to the front engine casing).
I didn't have time to track it down yesterday since he was needing to play a competition but my question is; did they relocate the limiters on some models and if so, for what reason ?
Your wisdom will be much appreciated as always.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2010, 05:57 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Rev limiter 98 CC (or lack thereof)

good question.did you feel for holes that might be there its possible the limitor was taken off?????? as far as i know they didn,t put them anywhere else..........................in late 96 they did away with the ignitor behind the limitor and incorperated it into the coil but the limitor was still in the same place.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:06 PM   #3
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rev limiter 98 CC (or lack thereof)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
good question.did you feel for holes that might be there its possible the limitor was taken off?????? as far as i know they didn,t put them anywhere else..........................in late 96 they did away with the ignitor behind the limitor and incorperated it into the coil but the limitor was still in the same place.............................
good point Shadow, and yes, the holes are there; but where is the limiter. The bugger is obviously doing it's job (nefariously) but where it now is is a coniption indeed !!

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car