lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2023, 01:07 AM   #1
TrentT
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 89 Gas EZGO Marathon Lift Kit Install

So I decided to tackle the lift kit tonight. Everything went reasonably well, until I went to install the steering linkage. Everything on my cart comes from the bottom up. The instructions, and all the videos I see show the ball joints going from the top. So I decided to go ahead and attach the bracket, and just install it like all the others, from the bottom up. Then I discovered that the pin doesn't fit through the hole. Grrr! To make matters worse, I think using my impact driver may have stripped the nut. Now I'm at a loss on how to address this issue. Anybody have an answer? Also, the toe out on the drivers side is crazy bad. Thank you for any advice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230922_230905.jpg (201.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20230922_230805.jpg (117.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20230922_231110.jpg (210.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20230922_231008.jpg (196.9 KB, 0 views)
TrentT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2023, 10:56 AM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: 89 Gas EZGO Marathon Lift Kit Install

As far as toe-in, on the ground with wheels on and tie-rods unhooked, measure across the front and back of wheels so their straight, then adjust the drag link (tie-rod wheel to wheel) to hook back up, then find the center of the steering wheel by turning it back and forth and have someone hold it there, then adjust the tie-rod to the passenger wheel to hook back up... way I do it anyway.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 11:12 AM   #3
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

As far as the tie-rod not fitting, looks like you will have to drill out the hole (it doesn't have to be tapered) and just enough to show a full nut of threads.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 09:51 PM   #4
TrentT
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I drilled it out and got it to work! I got everything adjusted so the new wheels and tires are straight. Crisis avoided there. However, crisis showed up doing the rear lift. Extremely easy and straight forward, as far as the kit installation, but when I lowered the rear diff to get the spring extenders on, a piece of fuel line pulled off and a wire got pulled pretty tight by the time I caught what was happening. Now it won't run! I don't have any spark. It looks great, but it won't run. I'm afraid this may be beyond my capabilities, unless any of you have any ideas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230924_210654.jpg (245.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20230924_211737.jpg (169.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-24-2023, 10:08 PM   #5
TrentT
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I had some extra fuel line, so that was fixed, but I can't tell if I'm taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back, or 1 step forward and 2 steps back!
Old 09-24-2023, 11:02 PM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

It's not really clear what you're asking help with. You say a wire pulled out? Did you put it back where it goes? Did it split or break? Not seeing what happened in the picture.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 12:49 AM   #7
TrentT
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Got you. Sorry about that. I didn't see anything pull out, nor did I find anything disconnected. The wires in my hand are the ones that got yanked on pretty good. Everything ran great before I dropped the motor down to install the rear lift. I think these wires go from the ignition module to somewhere in the abyss of the motor.
Old 09-25-2023, 01:02 AM   #8
TrentT
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Maybe I messed up a ground somewhere when I dropped the motor down. I can't see anything wrong or disconnected. I guess what I'm asking is if there is anything that cause me to lose spark just by lowering the motor. Or, what should I be checking?
Old 09-25-2023, 01:23 AM   #9
TrentT
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Or, pulled the wires loose from the pulsar coil. That probably fun to get to!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO