lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
steelhorse79
Not Yet Wild

Default fuel pump question

I have a new cart that I am giong to do an engine rebuild on. The seller told me the crankcase was filling up with fuel. I found out the pump was hooked up wrong and thats why fuel was going to crank case instead of carb. I want to order a new pump but the ones for 1989 2 strokes are round with only 2 ports. The one on my cart has a square one with 3 ports, one port connects to crankcase to operate the pump. Matching it up with pictures on diferent web sites it says 93 and up 4 strokes. My engine is a EC25-3PG. Motor # 89-27645 no tag on the cart. what pump should I get for this engine. If I get the one for an 1989 where does the hose from the base of the crankcase connect to?
Thanks
steelhorse79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2011, 09:39 PM   #2
steelhorse79
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: fuel pump question

was the fuel pump originally mounted on the engine or remote mount in 1989? I think mine was retro fitted and was mounted to the cart.
steelhorse79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:21 PM   #3
Rust-N-Wheels
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: fuel pump question

I have seen the square one that you are looking for on a parts supplier site www.cartszone.com. They have them listed by year model with a picture so you can match up what you need. Hope this helps.
Rust-N-Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel pumps
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO